Apexi FC 500+bhp

ckd281081

I've got a Garrett GT3076R, .70A/R. Garrett website says good for 525bhp. Cheers for that feedback mate. I'll have a look into other ecu's then, see what's out there. Not new to turbos or tuning, but new to Pulsars, didn't realise the Apexi FC was so far down the list :( thought I'd done quite well when I landed it

Mad

Apexi Power FC is ok lol, don't let the others put you off. I had one in my GTiR running over 500bhp before I moved up to Syvecs.

Yes, Apexi is way out of date compared to a lot of the more modern ECU's but it does a trick, just make sure you have a knock sensor, oil pressure and temp gauages to keep an eye on things as it wont give you any warnings.

I will see if I can dig out the graphs of the bhp running Apexi

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The power a car makes is a function of the air/fuel/timing not the ECU.

The PFC is old technology but it does the job. The benefit you get from any ECU is dependent on the knowledge and effort made by your tuner. Modern ECU's make the tuner's life easier and have better fault control.

I've seen a lot of maps prepared by so called tuners that used the PFC and then tuned it like an AFC. Big step changes to fuel and ignition above a certain load/rpm. Smoothing the transitions takes time but everyone expects there car to be mapped in a couple of hours.

Before you take a car/ecu to a tuner speak to them first, if they are comfortable with a PFC then use that. If you are mapping yourself, the PFC is proven and gives good results with sufficient time and effort.

ckd281081

Was just having a look at the Syvecs website. Dont suppose you know what model you got do you? Also was it a straight plug in? Or did u have to buy/make a harness?

ckd281081

No not entirely mate. If anything, i actually just sold my NOS kit last week ;) Like i said ive went and spent out on a quaife box, twin clutch and flywheel, gearbox braces, strengthened arm, polys throughout, coilovers, big brakes, braided lines, hoses, the cars getting fully torn apart and restored starting tomorrow, its getting the full works so its not just about the figure. Even going to the extent of replacing the rear arches even though theres no evidence of rot,, just incase somethings lurking underneath. The figure is important, but just as important, hence the braces, box, double valve springs etc, is reliability,,,,, and hopefully some drivability haha.

Mad

Start with an apexi or nistune, will do 500bhp easy and save u some money.

See how you get on then can upgrade after. Just because your turbo can do 500 doesent mean the car can as might need some changes

Mad

550bhp will obviously give you more straight line speed but when u go over 500, you have to make a compromise between power and drive ability

johnny gtir

The power a car makes is a function of the air/fuel/timing not the ECU.

The PFC is old technology but it does the job. The benefit you get from any ECU is dependent on the knowledge and effort made by your tuner. Modern ECU's make the tuner's life easier and have better fault control.

I've seen a lot of maps prepared by so called tuners that used the PFC and then tuned it like an AFC. Big step changes to fuel and ignition above a certain load/rpm. Smoothing the transitions takes time but everyone expects there car to be mapped in a couple of hours.

Before you take a car/ecu to a tuner speak to them first, if they are comfortable with a PFC then use that. If you are mapping yourself, the PFC is proven and gives good results with sufficient time and effort.
sorry to but in jim your inbox is full
while butting in sites fresh looking good,great to see you posting danny hope all is good

Last edited: