Apexi controller problem

DaniRS

Hi!
Have a Apexi power fc fitted. Was already installed when I bought the car. The controller but has never worked.:evil:
The ECU number is PFC 01G 0180 and the controller FCC3 020-14650.
Does anyone have any idea where that is a problem?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Does it freeze on the A'Pexi logo, or does it not power up at all?

It's not an uncommon problem when people have tried to mix and match older PFC units with newer hand controllers. - The FCC3 hand controller is for newer units (generation 3), but you probably need a FCC NT (for early "Nissan") or possibly FCC FN (second generation "Nissan").

DaniRS

Does it freeze on the A'Pexi logo, or does it not power up at all?

It's not an uncommon problem when people have tried to mix and match older PFC units with newer hand controllers. - The FCC3 hand controller is for newer units (generation 3), but you probably need a FCC NT (for early "Nissan") or possibly FCC FN (second generation "Nissan").
Yes, it freezes the Apexi logo. So I can throw away the controller?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You can see if you can source an earlier controller from somewhere. - The one you've got is probably more universal, so could probably be on-sold to someone with a more recent ECU.

DaniRS

You can see if you can source an earlier controller from somewhere. - The one you've got is probably more universal, so could probably be on-sold to someone with a more recent ECU.
How can I check whether I need a NT or FN?