Apexi Boost control kit problem with Boost

Thor

hi,

could anybody tell me where i must connect the pipes from the external Wastegate (Tial 38mm before the HKS 3037S without compressor outlet connector) to the Apexi Boost control kit? so i have fit the top to COM and the side of the Wastegate to NC. My problem is that my boost do not goes up to that what i have set in my Power FC. Is it possible that the pipes are wrong fittet?

cheers
Sascha

Last edited:

Keira

lots of pfc info here

clicky

the bit you want :

The optional boost controller kit for the Power FC consists of the pressure sensor, pressure sensor harness and solenoid. The solenoid should be plumbed between your manifold and the wastegate actuator (internal wastegate setup). For external wastegate setup it should be plumbed between the inlet manifold and the external wastegate pressure line. The pressure sensor should be plumbed in line with the factory MAP sensor which is used by your standard boost guage

edit due to info given being internal gate :doh:

Last edited:

Thor

thanks for the good informations. the side connector of the wastegate i must fit with an Y pipe in the NO line between solenoid and the inlet manifold?? in the moment i have fit NC to inlet manifold / Wastegate side and COM to wastegate top. if i go to NO with the pipe the solenoid goes up to max boost! anyone is incorrect fit there..

Last edited:

Thor

yes i have fit them so as you wrote here. but i don´t know where is the problem with the boost... so the pipes are all ok. the last question now, must the NC line to the inlet manifold still split to the side of the wastegate connecting???

thanks

Last edited:

Keira

yes, check the diagram on avcr install, its the same solenoid..

you have the pressure sensor for power fc ?

Thor

yes i have! ok the diagram shows the same as i have. but where is the problem that i only have 0.8 bar of boost at 1.0 bar setting and at 1.2 bar setting only 0.92 max??? do you have an idea??

Keira

i dont know to much about the power fc boost controller tbh but have heard its better to run a seperate boost control unit such as avcr/profec b etc.etc, i wouldn't know whether thats the case myself tbh..

are the lines as short as possible ?

what spring is in the gate ?

have you tried running it at spring pressure ?

Thor

the lines are all new. it is a 1.0 bar spring in it. when i set the duty higher the boost pressure goes up to 1.2 bar. i believe it is 38 % of duty...

Thor

oh that i don´t know. tomorrow i will try there and let you know. with 1.0 bar spring i must have 1.0 bar boost, correct?