ANyone who Knows a lot about the R engine

J

Jonny_gti-r

Can you please reply on here as i am now desperate for someone to advise me on my motor, it's doing my head in and won't run right!

Please help

Cheers Jon

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
if you tell us what it is then the peeps that know whats wrong will be able to help...

Rishi

J

Jonny_gti-r

1. Idles irratically, sometimes 900 rpm and other times at 1400 even when it's upto temp.
2. feels like it's dropping a cylinder, put you'r foot down and just doesn't want to pull.

Things i've done so far:-

new det sensor
new lambda sensor
new dizzy cap and rotor arm
new plugs
new leads

fault code check gives me the all clear.

I know the boost control solenoid isn't working but my dawes device hasn't arrived yet!

If you've any ideas or suggestions i'd appreciate it

Cheers

JIMMYBACK

Jonny_gti-r said:
1. Idles irratically, sometimes 900 rpm and other times at 1400 even when it's upto temp.
2. feels like it's dropping a cylinder, put you'r foot down and just doesn't want to pull.

Things i've done so far:-

new det sensor
new lambda sensor
new dizzy cap and rotor arm
new plugs
new leads

fault code check gives me the all clear.
I know the boost control solenoid isn't working but my dawes device hasn't arrived yet!

If you've any ideas or suggestions i'd appreciate it

Cheers
snap im in th same boat im just hoping a sevrice n tune will sort the little gremlins

Rishi

Jonny_gti-r said:
Check the idle control valve but more likely to be an air leak...

Jonny_gti-r said:
Based on the fact that you've done the ususal things... Have the timing checked but the fact that you may have an air leak will cause the car to feel sluggish... If you have a noticable air leak at idle then this leak will be worse under load meaning that your car would be over fueling and generally running like shit...

Do a seach and you'll find decent methods to finding air leaks...

Also check the injector resistor pack...

Failing that then do a compression test just incase...

Rishi

J

Jonny_gti-r

Rishi,

Cheers for your comments, i'll check those out tonight.
I had the compression checked a couple of weeks ago and all was fine according to the garage.

Do you know where i should look for the injector resistor pack?

Thanks for your time.

Jon

Rishi

Jonny_gti-r said:
Do you know where i should look for the injector resistor pack?

Its a silver mars bar sized thing that usually sits on your strut turret next to the top mount on the passenger side...

If its not there then have a hunt for it... some people move it into places where it can become more exposed to water and corrode causing the injectors to fuel funny... Behind the passenger headlight on the chasis decking is common place it is sometimes moved to... you can also take a volt meter across each injector while the engine is running to see if all are showing the same 12V reading...

Rishi