Anyone Tried These Wheels?

Matt Evans

I'm looking for a new set of 17" wheels for when I finish my rebuild. I originally wanted Kei Pace, but then found out that Kei are not gonna produce those wheels. (Gutted)

Kei Pace (Black)

I've spent the last few months trying to find something similar and now finally found MOMO Strike (Black).

Has anyone tried these on a Pulsar on got any pics of them in 4 stud pattern?

Also, how much hassle would it be to change the hubs to 200sx ones, so I could use the 5 stud versions? Would doing this cause me any other complications?

Thanks all. :)

Matt Evans

yeah, that would not be good.

Anyone good with Photoshop, able to edit a pic of an R with these MOMO wheels on?

Matt Evans

So does anyone know the full details of fitting 5 stud hubs? Do I just change the hubs themselves or would I need to change the hub and carrier?

vss irvine

you can do it by changing the centre spindles, but you have to make them as nothing is a straight fit onto the n14. (hubs, carriers or spindles)

ive made a set but yet to test them.

Last edited:

Dangerous Dave

Dont hold me to this but if you can get in touch with the makers they will design the wheel to fit your car that way you wouldnt have to mess about with your hubs, It may cost extra tho.

Matt Evans

Nice bit of work irvine, keep me posted on whether they work. If I did go down this route though, would I be able to fit the Evo caliper and Clio 182 disc setup that I've bought, obviously the discs would need drilling? Or is there another disc option I could use with the Evo calipers?

Thanks Lawny, but I've seen the 4 stud version and they look utter cack! lol

Matt Evans

Ok, so i've pretty much made my mind up to go for a 5 stud set up. So what are my options? I've seen irvine's spindle set up, which looks pretty awesome, but is there a way to use the complete 200sx hub and carrier or maybe R32 GTR hub and carrier?

vss irvine

Ok, so i've pretty much made my mind up to go for a 5 stud set up. So what are my options? I've seen irvine's spindle set up, which looks pretty awesome, but is there a way to use the complete 200sx hub and carrier or maybe R32 GTR hub and carrier?
it cant be done matt, as they have completely different suspension set ups,

the skyline and 200sx also use bigger sized cv joints.

and to make things even more difficult, the front is a different size/bore than the rear!

i spent alot of time and effort researching the options before i decided to make my own.

Matt Evans

Oh well fella, let me know how your set up works out and I may be asking you nicely to make a set for me too! ;) Seriously though, do you think you would be able to make me a set and what kinda price?

vss irvine

yeah i can make more, but it would be in the new year.

id have to work out the time, parts, machining etc before i could give you a final price.

Matt Evans

Thats fine mate. I gotta get the engine rebuilt and back in first, so I won't be looking at it til the new year anyway, but I'm definitely up for a set! :D

Matt Evans

Hi irvine,

Any idea how much you think the final price would be, roughly? Just so I can factor it into my rebuild fund.

Thanks. :)

Madtec

Irvine,

I would like to see your setup also, i am working on something simular, the front are pretty much defined and the rear, i am still working on. When all is done and fits together properly i will post some pics and a few details on the setup........

vss irvine

i sold the original set to matt in the end. im doing another set soon for another gtir owner.

the good thing about our conversion was it used stock hubs, wheel bearings, cv's etc. even kept the same 59.1mm centre bore

so only brake setup and wheels that required changing.

Madtec

i sold the original set to matt in the end. im doing another set soon for another gtir owner.

the good thing about our conversion was it used stock hubs, wheel bearings, cv's etc. even kept the same 59.1mm centre bore

so only brake setup and wheels that required changing.

So you do not have any pics? With my setup, the hub assy is different along with the brakes. The wheels i will use is Enkei RPF1 17x8.... http://www.enkei.com/rpf1.html