Anyone for a Rare find R5 GTT (pics added) SOLD

marcymarc

Just wondering if anyone wants to buy a Rare Find , mint genuine condition R5 GTT that a retired 63yr old neighbour has owned for 8 yrs to do his shopping in. I went round yesterday and asked if i could buy it because it hadnt shifted out of his garage in 6 months or so, which he said was because it needed a new clutch.

So i asked if he wanted to sell it and he said YES so ive got it booked in for the clutch on tuesday next week, i need to get a new battery to but thats nothing.

Spec:

R5 GTT
Beutiful black factory paint work with no rust :!: :!: :!:
1990 reg GTT 91D
FSH
74000miles on the clock
Imaculate
Uprated Head Gasket,
Uprated turbo,
SS Exhaust
5 spoke alloys
Brand new clutch

Has to be one of the best there is , 1350ono

Pics to follow :wink: :wink:

SunOnGTiR

IIRC,Raiders only came in one colour..............blue.
Are you sure it's black? I'm sure it would be 'raider blue'.
Oh yeah,has the guy got the standard blue alloys?

N

norbx

i have seen a standard raider before...they have blue wheels and the paint is darkish royal navy blue?

ChrisS

Thats a good price. I sold my near standard GTT for 1200 a couple of yrs ago, and it needed a couple of things sorting on it.

J

justin666

All raiders were blue with blue wheels and a slighty different interior to the normal GTT. I would love one as a toy if i could find one that was standard and MINT.!!!! 8)

J.

P

puddin

ive stiil got my R5 gtt nice cars mines runnin about 200 bhp :D :D

T

Toady

ive had a coupke of 5gtt's! great fun little cars, and handle really well too! thing is tho they run out of puff quickly! :lol:

But 'Raiders' DID only come in dark blue with blue alloys and blue stitching on the seats. :wink:

marcymarc

Sorry guys for the mis-representation of goods :lol:

It doesnt seem to be a Raider, but i just thought it was for some reason :roll:

Is everyone still interested, people who have pm.d me etc

Gonna get it out of the old gents garage at teatime and give it a clean so pics will be later on or tomoz. 8) 8)

marcymarc

Just to add, Found out earlier the engine was rebuilt 15k ago ,which i have been given the invioce for along with a mountain of history,bills,mots the origonal service book, origonal manual, sale invoice from new etc etc etc,
Just been in bed looking through all the paper work and it is plain to see that not one penny has been spared on this beauty.
I have never seen a file as full with history in my life. :D

Dooie Pop Pop

marcymarc said:
Just been in bed looking through all the paper work and it is plain to see that not one penny has been spared on this beauty.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

M

macphegf

Out of interest, why did it need a rebuild at 59K miles?? :? . Was it uprated or is it just 'cause the engine was built by renault :lol: . Or maybe it's not been looked after quite as well as would seem :cry: .

paz

Dooie Pop Pop said:
marcymarc said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah, I see you noticed the sales patter as well :lol: ;)

Paz

S

stomski

so its black then and not a raider as first though? you plank! :roll:

still get the pics up tho fella, might still take a look :wink: