another very quick question; best place to buy pistons?

M

mynheers_a_pint

they are the 86mm and i specified that they were for a GTiR. As for import duty; i seem to recal that everyone on here has managed to get parts from Eric without a worry. Anyone able to confirm? I'm going to drop them a mail just to be safe.

The UK dealeris not able to deliver for upto 2 weeks so i am exploring all options.

Mr GTiR

Get 87mm pistons as I doubt your cylinder bores will be perfect after 10 plus years of use. Go for either 86.5mm or 87mm pistons and get the block bored out so you have a perfect block again. Just my 2 pence worth.

M

mynheers_a_pint

ok well i am waiting for confirmation from the garage on the condition of the bores but i do appreciate the age side of it. ultimately they are no different in price for the 86.5mm.

Cheers.

M

mynheers_a_pint

It won't be so good if you get stung with import tax though will it? For the sake of 25 odd quid why dont you get the 413 pound set from the u.k? Quicker delivery, easier/better aftersales support if they turn up damaged , No risk of import tax, the list goes on. On the plus side though, You have a 50/50 chance of saving 25 quid, :doh::doh:
We always declare a low value for customs so you will save money

--
Eric's Performance Parts, Inc.
seems fine to me :thumbsup:

Empty Pockets

Go for it then, Just because they are putting a lower price on them doesn't mean you won't pay import tax, You are harder to explain too than a kid mate, You dont seem to appreciate/listen to any advice given so just do what ever your going to do.

M

mynheers_a_pint

Go for it then, Just because they are putting a lower price on them doesn't mean you won't pay import tax, You are harder to explain too than a kid mate, You dont seem to appreciate/listen to any advice given so just do what ever your going to do.
Excuse me? That was a little OTT. I am fully aware of the applications of import tax and the relevant implications that go with it.

The value declared by the sender is the value at which they are able to charge duty. if the value is reported as 0, no import duty can be applied. The CN22 or custom declaration is where this information is applied and is affixed quite clearly to the outside of a parcel. In rare instances customs can choose to open a box and if they feel that a company would not supply a product at gift rate, they are able to extrapolate a duty value and charge you for the duty they feel should be applied. (This is my very basic understanding as it was explained to me a little while ago)

I have listened and absorbed advice and i am struggling to understand where you frustrations lie. Quite frankly i think you need wind your neck in and keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.

For anyone who is looking to import items and is fed up of parcel force sending you a letter and billing you an extortionate value, this may help;

this was taken from lancer forum.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=213532

I found this and found it quite interesting indeed, as we know, large purchases from Rexspeed incur a charge by Pacelforce....well....I may have found a way around it....read on...

Firstly the package was labeled correctly as its legal to import for person use and customs didnt put up an arguement they simply held the package for a couple of days and then slapped the duty and VAT charges £23 something.

As the package was imported using the thai national postal service it gets handed over the Parcel force which is now a privatly owned devision of the royal mail.

Parcel force pay the customs charge on your behalf then slap £13.50 on for the priviledge of doing so.

When my mate went to collect his pack from the depo they refused to hand it over unless he payed the charge including £13.5. and storage on top of that.

My mate then quoted that it was illegal to complete a service (paying customs) and charge the customer wthout offering them the chance to pay it themself or having a proir agrement on the price.
Then he demanded that they hand the package over with an invoice as it was a criminal offence under the (criminal law act section 104 sub section 2d) to hold a postal package in "virtue of lien". This means holding a package for ransom of payment... This is just like saying....

"you cant have your package unless you pay us £13.50 cause we paid your customs bill,,,,, when you didnt even ask us to."

Also holding a package illegaly as a non government owned postal service (Royal mail and Parcel force are privatly owned now) is against the postal service act 83,84 and carries a sentense of up to 6 months.

He spoke to the manager who didnt give him the package and my mate then rang the police who after an hour or so of argueing with him told the boss he either released the package or they would arrest him.

He got the package. Parcel force paid the bill and as they didnt inform my mate they were going to pay the customs charge on his behalf they didnt have a leg to stand on so in the end he paid nothing.

Royal mail and Parcel force make millions every year doing this and its against the law so f**k them and next time you get a bill check to see if you legaly have to pay it.

Im telling you this now cause I just went to pick up my new set of golf clubs and they slapped a bill on for over £90. I walked in and stated the criminal law act 104 subsection 2d and the postal act 2000, 83,84 and they just gave me my clubs.

Sounds like they shouldn't be doing what there doing...