Another intercooler thread I'm afraid - custom ones - help !

T

T11EWL

Gonna have to get Forge to custom build me an intercooler cos non of the ones they currently stock will fit behind my Almera bumper.

I'm going to be running the GTi-R engine at anything upto 300bhp (hopefully)

Does anyone have any useful info I can pass on to Forge to help them fabricate the 'cooler for me ?

Restricted to 250mm in height but can go for upto 780mm width.

So far I have picked up (from other threads):

2.5" (63mm) inlet - 3" outlet - is that right ?

What about pressure figures ? - what will it have to withstand ?

Any advice greatfully recieved.

BTW - Are Forge the best people to approach ?

S

Sirnixalot

you want a 2.25" inlet and 2.5" outlet, pressure figure....forge will do that, but you definately want it to be secure at 30+ psi or 2+ bar

T

T11EWL

Cheers matey - that was quick !

May as well be absolutely sure on the dimensions, so I'll check them tonight and give them a ring tomorrow.

S

Sirnixalot

lol...im on the forum all day....well from about 1pm to 6am your time

good luck with the intercooler and the project on a whole....im interested in what you are doing for engine managment.....is it a P10 or P11 you are doing this in? If its a P11 what year....the latest ones are really hard as nissan up graded the computers so they cant be programmed as yet....you might have to do a fair bit of harness splicing....peep www.sr20forum.com for more hybrid info

T

T11EWL

Almera N15

Replacing the whole loom and ECU with the one from the GTi-R.

Got an S-AFCII and AVC-R to get me started tuning-wise and poss look into the Apexi PowerFC when funds allow.

The physical work is being done by RC Developments - the ones that did that mad Turbo Micra - Clive knows the SR20DET like ... well, anything so seemed a good choice for the first Almera engine swap.

S

Sirnixalot

good stuff....you should be fine thensorry...i read primera not almera :oops:

F

Forge Motorsport

happy to make what ever you need just send us a drawing by fax 01452 386 333

T

T11EWL

Done !

Just awaiting the go-ahead from RC before I confirm the order.