Another clutch bearing question??

johnsy

Do clutch release bearings differ between brands Helix/AP/Exedy and so on ,or do they make there clutches to match/suit the oe or ntn bearing ?

cheers Dan:thumbsup:

stumo

Differ in which way?

clutches are usually made to OE dimensions in relation to height of the fingers, diameter etc etc

That means that whatever bearing you have should fit.

Are you sure you have a GTiR clutch and not a 200SX one?

johnsy

Differ in which way?

clutches are usually made to OE dimensions in relation to height of the fingers, diameter etc etc

That means that whatever bearing you have should fit.

Are you sure you have a GTiR clutch and not a 200SX one?

i was just wondering lol , did nt know if the likes of exedy or helix made there own specific clutch bearing or just made there clutches around the oe design,

but as you ve just stated a gti-r specific clutch bearing will fit any gti-r specific clutch:thumbsup:no matter wot brand it is

thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No. The "Exedy" bearing I bought last time is actually NTP (or something like that) - there are a few different bearing manufacturers, and most of the kits will just include the GTi-R specific one from one of those manufacturers.

Like Stu says though, you need to make sure they've given you the right one - most of the kits will work in any SR20DE(T) application, but the bearing is unique to ours.

johnsy

so as long as i buy a specifc gti-r bearing it will fit any clutch i purchase, thats all i wanted to know,