alternator earth

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think they're usually connected to two different bolts, but other than that it looks right to me.

P

pulsarboby

you only need one earth from alternator to body

the other main earth from batt should run via body to engine use any good ground point on engine it doesnt have to be stat housing it can be gearbox or whatever as long as its a good clean ground.
if that was not connected or bad earth previously then you have probably fried/spiked the alternator (mark 2) that i sent you:doh:

nimhbk

Oh no Bob please dont tell me that

At the battery in getting 14.6 volts but slowly works down to about 13.4/5 does that i mean i have fuc@ed this one up i stopped after it hit 13.4

i have earthed everything as well apart from the the block :doh:

P

pulsarboby

in that case youve got away with it, if its pushing 14+ at the batt it will be fine, under load with heaters, radio, lights on you may find it will drop below that but thats quite normal

nimhbk

Bob i take it as i dont have a heater, cd/player, or centre gauges its ok to cut into the power cables to the plugs to these items and divert these to run items like the new gauges and boost computer, or would this of caused a problem as well.
still not sure as well to check what dash i have if i send you pic will you be able to tell me if it has bits like abs ect
Cheers Bob