alternater belt size quick please

doggydowg

Hiya guys

my alternater belt went last night i think i have one in my garage as everywhere is shut it is 6 ribed and about 17"s from one side to other, i have breakdown service coming out to fit it so just wantd to check it is the right size before they come out as il look like a plonker otherwise;_)

many thanks Paul.

MORF114

195 or 197 i think the length is for non aircon or with aircon not quite sure :doh: , it is a 6 rib.

doggydowg

if i squish the thing togther at both ends its about 50-51 cm so 200cm its defnetly 6 ribbed, i have another belt here to but as i have air con i will need the correct one.could this belt i have be for anything else?

part number reads 68368

the make is gates micro v as the part came with car when i bought it im not too sure if its the correct one or not;-(

MORF114

Alternator/Air Conditioner, Nissan, 11920 53J00, Bosch 6PK 1035

I think my memory is a bit dodgy just had a look and its not 197 no idea where that came from i think the one you have around the 950 size will be a better size lol although it could be 119 like on the part number, has been a long time since i swapped mine out i may have my old one with aircon lying around i might go see if its handy and measure it.

Last edited:

doggydowg

ok thanks my breakdown company are being useless so im going to do it myself,
whats the best way to go about doing the belt on a pulsar then jack up front take drivers wheel off???

never worked on a pulsar in my life lol.

thanks for replys Paul.

doggydowg

just been under the car the air con pulley only turns half a turn then it gets jamed.

The air con pulley itself is all rusty where as the puley for water pump and alternator all look clean.

my guess is the air con pulley is broke so previouse owner ought a smaller belt and just bipassed the air con pulley.

Is theyre any difference in the way a pullsar and sunny adjust the alternator, as im hoping to just by the uk sunny alt belt and slap that on, is this advisable or should i be removing the air con all togther?

thanks for any advice Paul.

Jonesy

There's a lot of weight in the air con, thats why people remove it, but theres no harm in leaving it on and removing it all at a later date.
Just fit a non ac belt.

doggydowg

i have just phoned up halfords and asked for a belt for a nissan sunny gtir will this belt fit ok then if i just bypass the air con?

jameswrx2

doggydowg said:
i have just phoned up halfords and asked for a belt for a nissan sunny gtir will this belt fit ok then if i just bypass the air con?
Yes, I bought a UK sunny gti-r one for my pulsar bypassing the air-con.

doggydowg

ive read a few posts and the one to go for from halfrauds seemed to be the 850mm so ive just but that heres goes nothing;_)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The one from Halfords is 845e or down to about 830, different people seem to find different fits for the same belt.

If your belt is 50-51cm when in half, how do you make it 200cm? 2*50-51=100-102.

SpHiNxXx

sorry for bringing back an old thread... but i bypassed my AC as well after the seized compressor pully, literally melted my belt in half! I ordered a belt that cross referanced to the nissan part number but when i put it on it was SUPER tight... like i couldnt even pry it on, thats how tight it was!! so i went back and got one about an inch longer... now this belt fit just fine... but it required me to adjust the Alternator all the way back as far as it would go, and the belt is still a bit loose... not terribly... but it squeeks a bit.. and i cant move the alternator anymore so i dont know what to do....NOW... this might or might not have something to do with my alternator bearings now begining to screw up on me... but my question is did anyone else have this problem with the alternator? am i still using the wrong size belt.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds to me like you had the right belt to start with.
You'll need to shift the alternator all the way down the adjuster to get it on - I had to keep hitting it with a mallet to get it to shift enough.

I can tell you that a Gates 5PK838 (58352?) is a good fit - five grooves wide to it covers lots of the pulley and the right length to make the alternator sit in the middle of the adjuster. Mine had a Automaster 48353 in it before, and it squealed like a b!tch and was as tight as the adjuster could go.