after raising to 1 bar

Fire & skill

Vintage member
running at 1 bar is safe - no RR needed. only thing you have to do now is put better brakes on, and thats it! just make sure you are running 1 bar of boost and not 1kg as this is approx 1.3 bar

Keira

Cambridge_pulsar said:
Kieron if you have such a problem with someone posting a legitimate question in the correct section
because asking about 1bar :roll: is easily as boring if not more boring than asking about engine oil and gearbox oil :wink:

why bother going to so much trouble moaning about it.
because it was sunday and i had nothing better to do :roll:

Also I did a search using just "1 bar" as you suggested and even after limiting it to just the tuning section there were 790 matches
doesn't that tell you that the bloody word 1bar has been mentioned so many times that people might be sick to death of hearing it :roll: also it isn't that hard to find as the information is on the home page before you even get on the forum and has been there for a while.

I decided to ask for advice, something I thought the forum was designed for...
which it is 8), but a sense of humour helps and you should really try not to take it all so seriously as skiddus points out, 1bar questions, gearbox oil and engine oil questions are a f o o k ing joke and get asked nearly every week :roll: i would've told you in the end and was going to mention something that fire and skill hasn't but i'm not going to now :wink:

lighten up matey

Keira

that is f o o king quality and i'm so gutted i never thought of that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
skiddusmarkus said:
1 bar of boost:

And for the big power boys-2bar of boost:

I wasn't going to have an avatar but this has inspired me now :lol: .
can you get snack size ones? cos 2 bar boost is too much for me.

whats wrong with 1 bar :?:

sorry i said it again :oops:

Keira

whats wrong with 1 bar is theres people on this planet who are getting far more out of the gtir engine than the majority of people in this country and the simple reason being that they aren't obsessed with this bloody 1 bar nonsense and are actually willing to push the limits and try more things 8)

yet here in the uk all you ever hear is 1 bar, wow, its so much faster blah, blah, Not having ago so no one start crying :cry: 1 bar aint fast, its just faster than the god awful way they come out the factory :wink: :lol:

MarkTurbo

kieron said:
1 bar aint fast
:cry: I'll leave mine at standard boost then :wink: :lol:

I'll be experimenting with more than a 1 bar soon, well actually i already have :wink: Its like a totally different car after you've been running standard boost for over 2 1/2 years :oops:

OK well apologies for getting stressed, I know the whole 1 bar thing has been done to death, but I didn't find the answers to the questions about what needs checking etc, blame my (soon to be ex) boss for being a complete w*nker and putting me in a mega sh*t mood!
One more thing though I thought 1.05kg thingies was meant to be 1 bar but someone said 1.0kg was 1.3 bar?
Finally I think boost's are great and 1 bar is never enough!

Now if someone would just be kind enough to tell me which engine oil is best...? :lol: :lol: