Adding Air Con!

daddyone

I really want to add mine back in... I doubt the bits are complete, so I'll need to get hold of stuff. I have the short intercooler pipe run and battery in the boot, so I know it'll take some modification, any suggestions?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Start by cataloguing everything you're missing?
Compressor?
Heat exchanger?
Reservoir?
pipework?

daddyone

Let's assume I have none of it. There's a box full of bits in the boot, the AC was removed by the previous owner, the car isn't with me at the moment and I want to prepare bits to fit when it returns :D

lakeview

there was only a few intercoolers you could use a long out of production forge same with pace and the norris design one think you can still buy the radtek if not youll have to get a custom made front intercooler

Dangerous Dave

It's easy but the problem you have is if you remove it you need to build a box and fit it where it was otherwise you won't have any heaters as the air pass through the air con matrix.

Dangerous Dave

Sorry just had a read of the post again remove the matrix but plug the holes that the pipe go through in to the engine bay

daddyone

Dave, stop going on about "butt plugs" :p

Seriously, I am going to the trouble of making the interior more "habitable" and would really like to have A/C working again. Got some nice Evo 7 Recaros coming next week, just need those doorcards and dash ;-)

Dangerous Dave

I think I have a matrix you can have I might even have a few other bits for it but I'm not too sure without having a look.

And yes that's one of my red Rs on eBay the other one is very nearly ready but I might keep that one.

daddyone

Sorry, I'm not getting email notifications for PMs. I sent you an email last week to the address you gave me?