act silvia clutch on a gti-r?

S

str_motorsport

i t seems that the only difference from the silvia sr20det clutch and the gti-r clutch is the release bearing.
so i wonder if a act extreme clutch for the silvia will fit the gti-r...
anyone tried this?
i know for sure that the rps max clutch kit for the silvia fits the gti-r too...
who has a silvia clutch fitted?
thanks

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can use the S15 Clutches with the GTiR. If you want to use the Flywheel then you need to have the Flywheel bolt holes widened slightly..

Rishi

S

str_motorsport

i already have a jun superlight flywheel on my gti-r
so s15 clutches fit ok?

S

str_motorsport

if the holes are smaller it is not a big problem to make them bigger....
any other info?

S

str_motorsport

just had a llok on helix autosport website andi find out that the part numbers for the silvia and the gi-r are exactly the same.but the release baring are different.
the pressure plate and disc are the same!
this means we can get a clutch from the state at half the price we pay for a AP or Helix one..
http://www.helix-autosport.com/groupn.asp

O

Odin

The S15 spec clutch I had fitted with out the need for any mods at all, I just needed to use a GTIR bearing with it.

Rob

cmng

Err if i not mistaken S15 is pull type instead of Push type clutch

GTiR is Push type

i not sure.. care to correct me if i was wrong

thank

O

Odin

You're probably right mate, It may well of been a 240sx/silvia spec clutch, It was 3 years ago that I bought it, Maybe ashills will put up a picture of it before he fits it to his motor.

Rob

cmng

i think is S13 and S14 since i remember S15 is 6 speed manual and using similiar style with GTR34 which is Pull

not sure..
hope S13 and S14 do fit.. since there is plenty of clutch available for them at japan

J

justin666

I should probably know this seeing as My S15 arrives in a few weeks :thumbsup:

However, If this is of any use at all, this is what i do know.

S13 and S14 clutches will not directly fit the S15 unless its a full kit which includes a flywheel. Also, from what i can gather the S15 clutch plate isnt sprung and its the flywheel that is!!! They are all back to bloody front :lol: :lol: How that relates to the R you can figure out for yourself :)

Thats all the info I have at the mo.... :oops: :oops:

J.

Studlife

So... what were saying is it has to be a kit specified for the S15 and then use the GTIR Bearing ?

Cause I've Definetly seen the Price Difference for these clutches

S

str_motorsport

think it has to be a s13,s14 det kit with a std gti-r bearing...

ashills

so this means there was nothing wrong with all the exedy clutches ed broke years ago as they were blamed on being s14 clutches werent they ??

cmng

i dont think anything wrong
but i saw a lot of broken exedy clutch before not only GtIR
Skyline and silvia as well..