ABS sensor

nitrosgti-r

I need a new abs sensor i think as the left hand side just locks up. Trouble is, i have a sprint this weekend and i need the abs workin or ill have no chance as iv tried with no abs on previous rounds and have just worn out the R888's.

Anyways, i actually have a decent looking one but its for the other side, so does anyone know if i cut the sensor and bung it on the other side it will be ok for a temp fix??

Cheers

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
they don't work at the best of times anyway so I dought very much that will, PM bob< he must have a spare kicking around somewhere

vss irvine

it could be a broken abs ring?

you need to make sure it is held securely if your using the wrong side.

it should work as long as it has the same air gap and doesnt move

P

pulsarboby

dont think it will fit as the bolt angles are set different (sided) so it will push the cable toward the hub, but offer it up and see before removing the other one.

as martyn said though 'check the toothed ring is not loose' also try cleaning the old one with some carb cleaner as they get clogged up with brake dust and shite which effects the signal

nitrosgti-r

Cheers for your help. Iv not had the chance yet to offer it up yet but i fear the worst and it wont fit properly etc etc. The actual sensor does look a bit out of shape and iv cleaned it off already but no joy, wheel still locks up. When you say the toothed ring, do you mean the jobber on the drive shaft??

Also, i havnt actually used the abs for ages so could it be somthing else?? Im not sure how to do an abs check..... i did a search and all i came up with was to drive the car over 19 mph for over a minate and the light on the abs ecu will throw a code at you? Done this and no code, no light at all?..... I have already removed the bulb in the clocks aswell, ages ago.

What do you think??