ABS Removal

A

AZ STE

HI
Has anyone got around to ripping the ABS system out. Interested to know whats involved and if the existing pipework is adapted to bypass the system. :wink:

A

AZ STE

Nad ,
It seems to me an overkill mine has only ever kicked in once under load on a wet road and it felt horrible. Id like to simplify the breaking system and get rid of the pass. footwell box and the mass of pipework at the back of the bulkhead but I wondered if anyone had managed to repipe the system as I think it would be a bit of a task.

Nad

AZ STE said:
Nad ,
It seems to me an overkill mine has only ever kicked in once under load on a wet road and it felt horrible. Id like to simplify the breaking system and get rid of the pass. footwell box and the mass of pipework at the back of the bulkhead but I wondered if anyone had managed to repipe the system as I think it would be a bit of a task.
All I am doing is wiring in a switch so I can switch it on and off.

Nad

Nad

Steve, just had a look at this tonite. AFAI can see, the two pipes come out of the master cylinder, across to the ABS pump and back out to a splitter unit. The splitter unit has 2 inputs, one for each side of the car that splits it front and rear. You should be able to go straight from the master cylinder into the splitter unit and then u can remove the pump and all the wiring. Am half tempted to do this myself but will wait until I have another R to play with.

Nad

A

AZ STE

Thanks Nad
like you say its tempting but I dont want it to go wrong so I will wait for someone else to do it first but I would like it removed