5 Stud wheel conversion

OzzyGTiR

Bumping up an old thread.

Looking at converting my GTi-R to 5 stud.

Was thinking if I use the hubs off of a A32 Maxima and rear hubs off a A31 Cefiro it may work..

Or, find Evo hubs and make them fit with the Evo brakes.

Can anyone offer any help/suggestions?

Thankyou in advance.

j0ff

i suppose the obvious question (without reading this thread) is why? If it's just for brakes, then surely they're cheaper/easier aftermarket options?

vss irvine

i made some a couple of years ago, im making another couple of sets soon so i might do a batch of them if theres enough interest?

they allow you to fit them directly to gtir hubs/wheel bearings and cv joints.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
they allow you to fit them directly to gtir hubs/wheel bearings and cv joints.
Now that's the key. - I've seen other threads that require new bearings and drive shafts to hook them up to the hubs, and it just seems like far too much pain to me.

johnny gtir

i suppose the obvious question (without reading this thread) is why? If it's just for brakes, then surely they're cheaper/easier aftermarket options?
Am i right in saying a couple of people mentioned it opens up a lot larger choice of wheels or cheaper wheels ?

OzzyGTiR

Only problem there Vss Irvine is that I live in Australia and the price plus postage will no doubt hit my wallet hard.

How do you make them? What do they consist of? I'm undecided between GTR and Evo brake upgrade at the moment, but looks like I'll be going GTR as Evo parts here in Australia are costly, not to mention rare to stumble across.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd take a punt that you should be looking at the N15 Pulsar. - Have you already asked on GTiROZ; I notice that someone had bumped an old thread about this?