3" exhaust gasket

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Where's the best place to get one? If for the downpipe to cat join. I've finally binned the leaking goose and standard elbow and fitted the CES pipe I've had sitting here for a few years:oops:
The goose decat flange is abit warped ,it was warped when I got it but didn't leak, though it does now so I'm going to try and double gasket it.

snoon

I couldn't find one anywhere.

Had to get one from the racing line as they fitted the original one.

I needed it because I shut the bonnet on mine and snapped when car was in bits - ooppss.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If you're really pushed I've probably got one that's been in and out of my exhaust (because it's a 2.5" system, not 3").

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Carl, I think it's a standardised fitting so you might find them on the shelf at a good exhaust/trye fitting shop, alternatively I've used these guys a few times.........

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Cheers Steve, but I just ordered it before I read that.:doh:

My local motor factors had nothing over a 2.5" centre bore.

(looking on the net, there's quite a few variations on the standard)

johnsy

same goes for the flexi in the down pipe, guy at my local motor factors and sum one else mentioned it

skiddusmarkus

Yep, I have the recepit still for mine.

BTW how do we go on when fitting a 3" downpipe onto the mongoose 2.5" decat?Is there any problem using a 3" gasket?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's a straight fit, but on mine the join is leaking slightly. I'm putting it down to the flange being warped slightly (bent away from the join on the bottom half), so I'm hoping the double gasket idea will fix it.

The only other thing is on mine at least, the origional hanger for the rubbers doesn't fit due to being designed for a smaller fit, so I assume it'll be the same for all 3" exhausts. My CES pipe seems solid enough not to sag too much, but it does need supporting as I can hear it knocking somewhere, so I'll have to get it sorted.