3'' Downpip (turbo elbow)

RO_SUNNY

Ok guys,

I am starting on manufacturing a 3'' turbo elbow.

Here's the Jig I have made from some scrap metal that I had around in the shop.

RO_SUNNY

Feck me............good eye man!

That means I have to make another jig now
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What downpipe is it going to connect to as that's not a gti-r elbow.
Now that you've pointed it out, I can see what you mean. - Something similar though; that looks like the right bolt pattern on each end, but there's no lambda boss and it clearly had a heat shield.

Is it a 200SX elbow?

MarkTurbo

Feck me............good eye man!

That means I have to make another jig now
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
The turbo flange side of it is the same so I doubt it would take long to modify the jig you've already made ;-)

Now that you've pointed it out, I can see what you mean. - Something similar though; that looks like the right bolt pattern on each end, but there's no lambda boss and it clearly had a heat shield.

Is it a 200SX elbow?
I'd say so looking at the angle of it, the downpipe flange on the 200sx elbow is at around 70/80 degrees to the turbo flange and about 120 on the gti-r which was the first thing i spotted :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Keep up the good work, Like Dan said "could have been worse" .............back to the drawing board :oops:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
...and as Mark said, it's only one side that needs to be modified because the angles are different.

RO_SUNNY

Gents,

i have a big issue.......

It seems that about 2 years ago when I sold the T28 stock turbo I have also gave that guy the orig Gtir elbow.........:((((

I don't know from where I have this 200sx elbow lying around my shop.

Therefore.....can anyone send me the original cast GTIR elbow?

Have a nice day!

mikey bean

Txt me address and I will get one over to ya, just remember me when they are ready as I want 2 of them lol. 07453266222

STU666V

Your elbow will be a lot tighter than that one. Have a look at the ones I made. Sure there is a picture of the jig. Its tight :)

RO_SUNNY

Mikey ....no problems about the shipping costs!

I will, I promise this, make a discount on the 3'' ones ( that will cover both the transport and cast elbow).....so don't worry!

cheers