3" Bore Exhausts

A

Anonymous

Who makes a 3" bore full system exhaust for the GTI-R?

Are all the Jap zorsts 3" bore or do I need to get a custom made one?

My R just made 240bhp @ the wheels on a very conservative RR and was told that my exhaust (mongoose) and high air intake temps were holding me back from extra power.

A

Anonymous

Sorry mate, didnt realise what section I had posted in!

S

Sirnixalot

its ok..ill let you escape the trout this time :wink:

i had mine custom made but there was talk a while back of a company that had made a full stainless 3" one. There is also an exhaust that was on checker that was stainless and 70mm piping

the mongoose is not holding you back....trust me...2.5" is larger than the outlet on the turbo dump pipe, that exhaust is excellent. a 3" system will also shif tour power band more into the upper rpm range

G

GTI-R Kid

I find it very surprising that someone told you that your mongoose was restricting your power potential.

If you look around the forum it gets rave reviews and has been fitted to a few 350+ bhp cars (Adrian Cash's old car springs to mind with 382bhp and a Mongoose exhaust).

You might want to get a second opinion on the diagnosis!

Mr GTiR

a 3" exhaust system will have to be made as a one off as no one produces it off the shelf.

As other peeps have said the Mongoose 2.5" systems is one of the best you can buy for the R (for the price).

Depending on where you are in the country I had my 3" exhaust made by the company who make Mongoose.

It's 3" turbo back, straight through into an Apex i N1 rear muffler ( i supplied). The company is called Blueflame (01695 733100) and ask for Ian Birch and tell him Andy Chan sent you and he will look after you.

Andy

G

gotoinstant-redline

how dare they slag the goose! its the best zorst out there! nice noise and with that mod alone i went from 227bhp (stock) to 242!!!!!!! but i later found out that i have an uprated ecu.. not that i know how much power that is adding.

L.

S

Sirnixalot

keep in mind not system for the standard turbo is a full 3 inches from the turbo back...its actually 2.5" for the flange then expands to 3" :p

M

Mikey

240 @ the wheels seems a hell of a lot ! Mine made 283 at the fly and that was only 170ish at the wheels ! What mods have you got ?

Mr GTiR

Sirnixalot said:
keep in mind not system for the standard turbo is a full 3 inches from the turbo back...its actually 2.5" for the flange then expands to 3" :p
yeah i know what you mean.

i'm waiting for these new 3" dump pipes to be made then i will have a true 3" system trubo back. All i need to do is get a new down pipe section made up with a new flange :D MINT !

A

Anonymous

My mods that I know of are:

HKS Super Power Flow
HKS BOV
HKS Iridium Plugs
HKS Paddle clutch
Mongoose Exhaust
Boost set at 16psi

I am going to check the ECU to see if it has had an aftermarket one fitted!

BTW- Does anyone have an uprated Headlight system on there R? I found mine had PIAA Halogen headlights and there is a wiring loom for what looks like fog lights with a PIAA switch box hidden behind the dash.

G

gotoinstant-redline

mine had fog light relays under the bonnet but the wires from that to the fogs were removed :( so they dont work. i'll take em out in the name of weight saving anyway, but i want to make myself a rally style 4 light pod for the bonnet.

just clip it on over the winter and leave it there! whit all the dark nights it could be well cool. then strip it off for the warmer and lighter summer.

L.

Davey

stupid question i know, but i presume exhaust sizes relate to the inside bore, rather than the outside?