180km/h speedo after delimitting

J

JamesB

Hey, will soon be delimiting my jap import r and dont want to stuff around with changing the dials or anything - just want to open her up on track work. What happens when the speedo goes around and hits the dash where 190km/h would be? Does it just stop or does it try to keep going and break? A mate in his 32 GTR said his just stops and works as per usual when he slows back down. What are your thoughts as Id rather not do the trial and error technique on this one...

S

seanleed

The needle just keeps on going well into the odometer, mine didn't break or have any problems.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Get a delimiter/convertor. It will automatically make it read in mph, so 100 on your clocks would be 100mph not kmh. You should get a sticker with it to stick over the kmh on the clocks. :)

J

JamesB

not much point going to mph cauze im in oz. seanleed - how many times your needle pushed against the dash - were you just lucky or is it ok to do all the time

S

seanleed

I've had it well into the odometer many a time :D :D (on the fabled private runway of course). Had no problems at all, but eventually changed my dials for bluetone ones, so fitted a convertor.

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
Get a delimiter/convertor. It will automatically make it read in mph, so 100 on your clocks would be 100mph not kmh. You should get a sticker with it to stick over the kmh on the clocks. :)
its illegal to have that here on a car that came in km/h

well its a defect anyway.