16's

I

ignorantshed

will 16" x 195 alloys go straight on with out any rubbing?

azboy

i got 16s with 215 40 16 tyres on with whiteline springs and dont rub at all but the offset can have a big effect too

A

AJ4

have you still got standard brakes on the front ? if not, it can be a bit of a pain finding wheels to fit over the uprated ones for ours like Wilwoods, Brembo's etc :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What width are the 16s? 195 is the tyre section and that will fit on alot of widths.
I have 7x16s on an et32 ish, so with a wider wheel, you may want a slightly lower offset to clear the struts. I've had 225/40s on with no rubbing noticeable, currently have 215/35s on and no problems.
You maybe OK with the 195s on a 38et

I

ignorantshed

I am looking at uprating the brakes to wilwood 280mm discs and calipers, if i do will it better to go 17's rather 16's, what width and offset if i go 17? just dont want car sitting too high, gonna go with tein suspension kit aswell how much do they lower the car by?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Fast Guy said:
I have 7x16s on an et32 ish, so with a wider wheel, you may want a slightly lower offset to clear the struts. I've had 225/40s on with no rubbing noticeable, currently have 215/35s on and no problems.
I was looking into 225/40's for next time, partly just to try something different :der: and partly to improve the lateral grip.

Did you notice much difference? Thanks, Jim

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
campbellju said:
I was looking into 225/40's for next time, partly just to try something different :der: and partly to improve the lateral grip.

Did you notice much difference? Thanks, Jim
Nah, they were Toyo T1Rs. I thought they were pretty crap. My Dunlop 205/50/15s sp9000s seemed better.
There's a feature in one of the mags comparing tyres this month, sp9000s were compared to one of dunlops track tyres, sp9000s gave more feed back as to when they were on the limit, but not as much outright grip.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I was looking at goodyear F1's in that size but your experince just shows how much more important tyre make/model can be than specific details. maybe I'll get some really sticky 205's instead :twisted:

Thanks for the feedback