1.2bar

S

S-GTI-R

can i run 1.2bar boost wiv jus a walbro fuel pump?or do i need the fuelin set up to?

gtirneil

yes you need to do the fueling.

cheap way is an Apexi SAFC or go for a piggyback style chip or if your feeling flush go for a full replacement ECU.

Before you go to 1.2bar make sure the engine is healthy and that you have a decent clutch and brakes are up to the job of stopping you. Spark plugs will need changing for some colder ones if you havnt done it already and you should consider a FMIC again if it hasnt been done already. I had to get an uprated oil catch tank aswell as the standard one isnt up to the job.

But dont take my word for it as i know next to nothing about cars :lol:

Im sure all the old guys on here will come and tell you how to do it properly :wink:

S

S-GTI-R

got a front mount and the plugs,and the s-afc-2 that needs settin tho

gtirneil

should be fine then, im on the sameish spec and run at 1.2 bar

Get it mapped and go have some fun ;)

gtirneil

Hiteq are good, if your in Yorkshire i would nip over to lancs and try Grasshopper prosport (ask for Loz tell him Neil sent you) thers also RC developements and DP motorsport all within about 30 miles of each other.

marcymarc

Im trying to find who the gtir drivers are round my way cus i wanna start going to meets, do you 2 go to meets n stuff? :wink:

gtirneil

I go to Mascrat Manor in warrington, thats about it, there are a few in Yorks that i know of as i have some mates over there.

ex-gtir

i have used my wide band on a few gtir and they fuel fine upto 1.4bar run very rich anyway but get it checked but you need the uprated pump