yoko prada spec 2 tyres

whytie

I've got them on mine and don't really rate them. Mine are on 17s I just removed 16s with eagle f1s and they were so much better

warpspeed

at that kinda price you can't really say no, then you can decide yourself whether you like them or not, if not you'll have had them on over a summer rather than a winter so if their shit in the wet it shouldn't be such an issue.

Not experienced them but I have had the previous incarnation; the A539 which were terrible in the wet. The S drive is a much better offering as a road tyre. But at £150 you could use them as cheap track tyres

williams

at that kinda price you can't really say no, then you can decide yourself whether you like them or not, if not you'll have had them on over a summer rather than a winter so if their shit in the wet it shouldn't be such an issue.
my car wont be on the road till next summer lol, prob wont even use it through the winter either. i'll prob get them because of the price.

bobby tune

i had them on when i first got my pulsar .. my mate got a set fitted to his 206 turbo didnt rate the either in fact ive just fitted a set of cheep black and rounds and he said they are better. i think for the road toyos or khumo r realy good;-)

Juggs

Beg to differ on this, i had a set of prada spec2's on one of my previous cars i had come from running a set of toyo t1-s and felt that the prada's gripped better in the dry.
They are worlds away from the A539's which i found very dissapointing in both wet and dry conditions.
Currently got a set of yoko S-drive's on my pulsar and they seem half decent although not tested in the wet as of yet.
£150 sounds cheap for a set of four, i paid £52 per tyre in 195/45/15!

warpspeed

my own personal opinion is yoko's generally are pretty good in the dry but with high wear rates and road noise, absolute garbage in the wet but i haven't tried the parada's to comment, toyo t1s or t1r's are miles better than their prices suggest and i swear by them for a road tyre but everybody prefers different tyres so at that price prob best to find out for yourself what their like...

keastygtir

I find that once i get to 3 or 4 mm left on T1Rs. I get wheel wobble at 80mph. The ear dosent seem that bad and I am running paralell toe and only 1 deg of camber.

John

High Wear rates? Mine have done 21,000 miles (17inch, 205 width, 40 profile) and a track day and only because of sidewall cracking on the front drivers side am I needing to replace. Granted the fronts are about 1.8mm in tread and I have done a large part of miles on the motorway because its my daily driver but even still they have lasted me the entire 5 years I have owned my R (I put a new set on when I got it).

As others have said they are useless in the wet but I dont agree with the wear rate comments and as for the tyre noise comments, I wouldnt be able to comment as I can barely hear what a passenger says in my car, let alone a little tyre roar!