WTD: Nissport Oil pressure sensor adapter

danr

or LMA do braided lines to extend out from block, saves having a lump hanging out of engine prone to damage.

I have got an oil cooler here which I may fit, not sure yet. Im keen to run an oil pressure gauge though, which will help prove if the oil gets hot enough to need a cooler to maintain pressure.

Last edited:

vss irvine

the ports on that sandwich plate arent big enough to run a cooler.

if you phone think automotive they will sort you out a mocal plate, theyre not that much more than £30 iirc.

cant you just get a t piece for the standard oil pressure sensor?

Yeah I know the sandwich plate fittings won't be large enough for a cooler. I did have an adapter for the standard oil sensor but the thread was the wrong pitch, npt not bspt. So im looking for other options instead of just buying the first thing.
The mocal ones do look good, they have several 1/8 npt feeds off too dont they?

Mr B

Retap npt to bspt or buy one linked on eBay. Can also be found in good pipe fitting shops & motorfactors or a fitting adjusted/machined & threaded to requirements ...

danr

to be honest, you can get away with just screwing the npt into the bspt, there is next to nothing difference in pitch over that short a distance. but up to you..
i got a metre long LMA braided line from pressure hole then mounted it next to passenger strut top with a T block thingy.
pic here
http://ubuntuone.com/6Tcy06OFa4c0hrmR6SrsDc