Word of Warning Leon Warren

shroom

After 6 Months of trying to retrieve and locate my car I have managed to get it back from a dirty old farm near Little Totham. It’s a word of warning to anyone that thinks of using people like Leon Warren to do work on their car. These people can basically shaft you up the arse, steal half of your parts and then spit you out destroying your vehicle without actually having done anything wrong in the eyes of the law.

You can say to someone that you will do some work on their car etc. etc., they bring it to you. You then move "workshops" to which the owner has little idea of where it is, keeping slightly in contact with garbled messages which never answer the question asked, but divert towards something else. Ransom their last hopes of getting the car sorted with bribes of more money needed and parts have been an issue to fit. Later after you decide you can’t be arsed to do anything you see a nice lump of tin with lots of valuable anonymous parts on it which can easily be flogged off, the owner has no idea of what is going on as they can’t get a straight answer and can’t come down to see you as you have done a bunk. This is not actually theft as you have opened a verbal contract to do the work so the police are about as much use as a German dancing. It’s a civil case so you might as well piss in the wind in trying to locate your car and actually get it back. if you want to try and get justice with any of this it is an uphill struggle to actually prove any wrong doing (as you purchase most parts second hand of a forum and have no proof of purchase or that you gave them to them).

I seemed to be a lucky one as I managed to contact the new tenant in the unit, unlike a few other people cars which looked half fucked from his hands in the unit, they were going to be dragged out into the field as he has been up on rent for months and actualy fucked the owners subaru offering to "fix it". I tried to search for some of the many missing parts but trying to prove this block was mine and those cams were mine etc. was very hard, technically if the chap didn’t agree to it I could be seen as stealing from the unit and I would be in the wrong! . At least I found a duvet and a pair of kids trousers in the back the mind wonders wtf they are in there for.

It leaves you to understand why people like Ed, others are so valuable to this community as there are not many people with the knowledge to work on these cars and have the care for customer’s vehicles. All in all I have probably lost about £1000 pounds worth of bits which have been lifted but I suppose at least I managed to track it down and get it back before it was on the way to get weighed in. Seems like a similar story to so many others...

and great, lots of oil on the floor

Last edited:

tonyrally

fook the police mate tbh i would have got a couple of mates to hold his hands down an gone over them with a hammer....wouldnt be doing it again. to many rip offs an cheats out there,

So sorry to hear this mate. Seems like a situation which occurs far too often to me. Hope you get it sorted as soon as possible.

The shame is if you take matters into your own hands in the eyes of the law you'll be in the wrong.

saddler

take them to a small claim hearing to get back your loss.. its costs about £50 to set up..

pulsar_stu

Jon even with a county cort order on him to pay, that dosnt mean he will pay it.
Most con men just get a slap on the wrists, have to pay a small fine or compensation or go bankrupt and the money is writen off.
The bloke needs a good kickin!

shroom

Other things I have found is there is a big hole in the down pipe and no gaskets on it or the turbo elbow, loads of pulled wires on the ecu which shorted out, the radiator that I brough from you Makeveli has been literaly dumped in the engine bay with no mounts and the oil coolewr jammed in on it.

Im missing,

Innovate wideband, brand new in box, all im left with is a trodden on box and a manual.
Garrett 3071 (was blown but was going to get it rebuilt) along with loads of silicone
Gearbox
MAf, filter relocation pipe and Filter along with oil catch can,
Battery tray and box (stainless)
stock pistons, block, cams
Need a new exhaust as butchered downpipe
Auto guage oil temp and pressure

Im glad some other stuff is still there but I was about 2 hours from not even getting the car back, someone had already been around after it was wheeled out into the farm yard trying to claim it as theirs and they were going to go and get a trailer to collect it? luckily I got down and got there before it got any worse as it was 180 miles away and they didnt even lock the car!. Its a horrible situation to be in and very depressing, im not down and out but its just a word to anyone else as you need to know you can trust who you let loose on your car as there is little you can do to get justice!

P

pulsarboby

really bad that this has happened.....trouble is it gives everyone a bad name whos in the trade, theres far too many big companies and small traders that are doing this and theres no need for it other than pure greed.

court action.....waste of £50 as said.....

if theres anything i can do to help tom then as said yesterday give me a shout

shroom

really bad that this has happened.....trouble is it gives everyone a bad name whos in the trade, theres far too many big companies and small traders that are doing this and theres no need for it other than pure greed.

court action.....waste of £50 as said.....

if theres anything i can do to help tom then as said yesterday give me a shout

Thanks bob thats much appreciated, I managed to get it started last night and was a bit disheartening as there are no gaskets on the exhuast or elbow so its blowing realy bad and there are weld holes in the downpipe were he butchered it to fit, also all the random wires that have been pulled out were a nightmare to sort out and stop earthing on everything.

Some things I will need to buy back are

I will need a air filter for a standard maf ( if anyone has a good filter relocation kit I would be interested)
A oil catch can of some sort and some pipe work to put back in place, as thats all gone
oil temp and oil pressure guages
steering wheel console part that goes around the base which has been ripped of and broke

I will then need to get the brakes bled, the exhaust either taken of and re fitted or a new one made, the turbo will need to be either taken off or the oil return checked and sorted, MOT and Tax as its been down there so long a full MOT and 12 tax has run out. Lock changed on the drivers side as thats buggered and the passangers is going, Just loads of little anoying things to do but onwards and downwards

P

pulsarboby

oil temp, boost and oil pressure gauges
steering cowling
stock oil catchcan and pipes
may even be able to sort you out with an apexi filter if ive not flogged it lol

just cover postage of a tenner and you can have above....pm me with your addy again

RO_SUNNY

Feck it all mate.

If I were you I would wait for him in the night and kick his teeth out of his mouth and then shove it up his arse!!!!!!

skiddusmarkus

What a shitter :(.

Probably be easier to buy a decent used engine than rebuild with all those parts.If you need them though I have some stock cams and 2 pistons(other 2 are fecked), free if you cover postage.

geoff pine

This guy used to be on here some years ago I thought he was famous for putting a 4 wheel drive cosworth on a two wheel drive rolling road :lol: :lol: