wiring in an APEXI super AFC1

G

greeny308

I have just aquired a super AFC1 for my R - it already has the apexi s-avc running and an apexi turbo timer, just in case it makes any difference i also have a hks exhaust,hks air filter,hks b.o.v., stage 1 turbo, i think she's running at aprox 260 - 280 bhp when needed! DOES ANYONE HAVE THE WIRING DIAGRAMS OR CAN TELL ME WHICH COLOURS GO WHERE HOW TO OPERATE IT AND WHAT IT DOES!! Cheers.

K

KRS

The apexi website has instructions and the wiring diagrams for most of there products, thats how i wired my AVCR so check there.

celicaGT4st205

Apparently the SAFC is rather pointless on its own. To get the most out of one you would need the controller for the timing/ignition.
But when you buy both of them and get them setup you are running into the price range of a standalone ecu.

But there are manuals on apexis site.

C

clarkey

yeah but the safc can only with hold 350 bhp thats its peak ne more and it fails so i have been told ne way not sure how true it is

T

Toady

in that case how come jason gants is only using apexi's? thats well over 450bhp!?

celicaGT4st205

The SAFC has 12 different fuelling points. Compare that to a standalone ecu like its big brother the power fc which has a 20 x 20 map.

They both cost about the same to map aswell.

I know which id rather save the extra money and buy.

D

DOT2DOT

But isnt something like the safc needed when turning the boost up?

celicaGT4st205

DOT2DOT said:
But isnt something like the safc needed when turning the boost up?

To get the most out of upping the boost and other supporting mods, fuelling AND ignition needs to be sorted. Then there is the cooling aspect, ie water inj/fmic etc

G

greeny308

so should i not bother getting it wired up - cos it seems to boost fine on both my settings on the avc - obviously one setting is higher than the other with a tad over a bar for the setting for traffic grand prix.

my point is should i try to fix something that aint broke???
i'm not really bothered about modding it any more as im quite happy with the power provided and the fuel it consumes!!
is it worth putting in just for the pretty lights.... :lol:
p.s. apexi don't have any info on my s-afc1 only the s-afc2...thanks anyway.

A

andyz

if your running just over a bar, are you sure you car aint detting?i would have thought you would have been running lean at somepoint thru d revs?

G

greeny308

because its a new car to me there are lots of things i need to sort out - it has a high idle constantly too - usually idles at around 1200-1500rpm which is quite high so this concerns me a bit, i will see if i can do something about it tomorrow, is there an idle adjustment or have i got to go replacing valves, i thought it was only idling high at warm temperature but it does idle high all the time, also some one has put on a replacement exhaust that sounds dreadful - it is Very loud has a 5" pipe?? and disturbs the neighbours especially with the high idle....also is it standard procedure to remove the back box on these cars as some1 has done that to mine and theres only a center box on it and just a pipe running to the rear that opens up to the 5" - i need something around 3.5-4" that has a nice sound but not loud!! would the apexi s-afc 1 sort out the idle if you can adjust the airflow? also any advice you think i may need being a new pulsar owner please feel free to provide thanks....

celicaGT4st205

greeny308 said:
because its a new car to me there are lots of things i need to sort out - it has a high idle constantly too - usually idles at around 1200-1500rpm which is quite high so this concerns me a bit, i will see if i can do something about it tomorrow, is there an idle adjustment or have i got to go replacing valves, i thought it was only idling high at warm temperature but it does idle high all the time, also some one has put on a replacement exhaust that sounds dreadful - it is Very loud has a 5" pipe?? and disturbs the neighbours especially with the high idle....also is it standard procedure to remove the back box on these cars as some1 has done that to mine and theres only a center box on it and just a pipe running to the rear that opens up to the 5" - i need something around 3.5-4" that has a nice sound but not loud!! would the apexi s-afc 1 sort out the idle if you can adjust the airflow? also any advice you think i may need being a new pulsar owner please feel free to provide thanks....
Hve you checked for any air leaks. use a can of wd40 on the turbo/vacuum.boost pipes to see if the idle changes. If it does, you have an air leak.
Im not too sure on the other stuff about the idle valve etc..

G

greeny308

i'll check for air leaks tomorrow when i've got a bit of time and come back and report my findings.... in the meantime regarding the s-afc1 - is ot worth using it for my setup?? i don't run 1bar regularly usually around .6bar what you think?

celicaGT4st205

greeny308 said:
i'll check for air leaks tomorrow when i've got a bit of time and come back and report my findings.... in the meantime regarding the s-afc1 - is ot worth using it for my setup?? i don't run 1bar regularly usually around .6bar what you think?
I wouldnt bother myself mate. But other guys on here may have a different opinion. If you can afford it you are as well buying something like an apexi power fc. Then you can map it safely to a boost level you require(within reason and the limits of the turbo).

If you cant afford a standalone ecu then a greddy e-manage (piggyback) will be more than enough at 1.1/1.2bar. Max boost for an e-manage is about 1.5bar. This will be roughly the same cost as what it would cost you to get your safc set up.

You should be able to sell your safc on ebay for about £100. I sold mine for £120

Dooie Pop Pop

celicaGT4st205 said:
max boost for an e-manage is about 1.5bar.
i really hope it isn' t :lol:

chech everything for leaks as celica chappy suggests :wink: if the breather on the back of the rocker cover is leaking anywhere that' ll raise your revs too.

celicaGT4st205

Also on an e-manage, the cost is then hiked because of all the harnasses and adapters needed. But it is usually mapped for maximum boost so it wont perform very well if the boost is turned down. So I have been told by other members of my club.

Dooie Pop Pop

sorry did you say lower the boost :shock: :? :wink: :lol:

tbh iv not noticed any problems when i have. it always seems to run fine :twisted: i do get a slightly sooty bumper after about a week though :lol: :oops: :twisted:

stu

celicaGT4st205

Dooie Pop Pop said:
sorry did you say lower the boost :shock: :? :wink: :lol:

tbh iv not noticed any problems when i have. it always seems to run fine :twisted: i do get a slightly sooty bumper after about a week though :lol: :oops: :twisted:

stu
Yeah, its when you have a horrible horrible urge to reach to your boost controller and turn it to a lower channel. Strange I know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

greeny308

cant seem to find any air leaks - although the little black caps on the port next to the injectors have been fiddled with before - one has a bolt in it - another has a screw in it some of them have a white glue around them as if some ones tried to seal them shut i think? i'd like to post the pics on ere but dont know how - maybe some one may spot something unusual.... Can't i just simply take it to nissan and say idle is high - fix please!! or will they just bulls**t me....?
i played with the little arm with the nuts on - on the side of the butterfly i think but the revs went up so i put it back how i found it - what else can i look at?

G

greeny308

idle sorted now - but i'd still like to know what wires on the s-afc go where theres - yellow/b, green/b, red/b, white/b, and black/b, and blue/b.....?? any diagrams i have searched but no luck not even on apexi?