Windows stopped working

J

JU5T1N

all of a sudden ive lost all functions to my power windows??? my mate put his volt tested on and there was still power there??? is seems strange that both window stopped together???

any ideas :roll:

J

JU5T1N

lol yeah its crossed my mind so i took them apart didnt realise they were circuit boards (trust the japanese) and they go for stupid money on ebay too i need someone from the north east (middlesbrough) / north west (barrow in furness) to let me borrow theres first to see if it solves the problem :D

gtirneil

Go to york tomorow to the racing and ill let you borow mine, i know they work because i only got them yesterday, my windows didnt work but now they do :wink:

J

JU5T1N

:( sorry mate thats well kind of you but ive got to work, unfortunately people aren't very considerate and still light fires on bankholidays :roll:

JIMMYBACK

mattygti-r said:
could just be the motor

this happend yestrday on jimmys one,
yer cos im a pikey i took the motor apart to try n fix it .inside there is to little magnet that had wore away :shock: i just need to replce this part n im away.......cable ties im using till then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.......is it both windows or just the one thats broken ?

J

JU5T1N

both mate the only thing that makes me think it could posblr not be the switch is the locking button still works on it?

gtirneil

When mine were broken the locking button still worked, i took them apart and the circuit board looked like it had got damp, new switches worked a treat :wink:

warringtonjack

I currently have two driver side switch units, one has a locking switch that works but the windows are knackered, and the other one has all working windows but the bl00dy locking switch is f00ked. :)

Will find a proper working one some day i hope!! :lol:

fil_gtir

If you take the switch apart and find some of the board damp, then you can try soldering some wire between the broken points to link it all back up. I did this with mine and worked a treat.

Phil