Window Prob's!!!

Shaun

:D Hi guy's,another problem for ya :!: A friend of mine had problems with his window switch in his 'R' a couple of weeks ago,basically the switch fell apart :shock: So I put it all back together for him and cable tied it to stop it happening again :!: Worked well until Tuesday when it stopped working alltogether :shock: :shock:I.e.both windows dont work. I've tested the loom at the switch and all the lives are there,so do you guy's think its the switch thats gone wonkey :?: Or is there a controller,and could it be that :?:

zia

is it the drivers side? remove the switch.disconnect the plugs .underneath the swith,there will be four screws remove these and prise out the rear cover from the tabs on each side.at the bottom will be plastic pad with with protrusion clean it and make sure this is the correct way up.also check the circuit board for any crack where the protrusion fit.clean and reassemble.fingers crossed it should be o.k) :wink:

zia

zia

what i meant, was which side switch? as the driver side which can control both.

zia

Shaun

:? Both switches and both windows mate :!: Checked all the fuses as well as the ones under the bonnet :?