Wilwood Brake Lines

I have a set of wilwoods and need to get braided hoses for them.
Had a look on egay, and their is a kit from america.
But a prefer UK buying, just for it getting delivered quicker.

Anyone any ideas who to go to?

Or would you advise, removint the orignal connector on the wilwood and using an adaptor so that i can use my orignal Braided Lines?

tomble

Hi mate,

When i fitted my wilwoods (which i bought from rally designs) they made me up a set and sent them with them. iirc you can't buy them off the shelf? unless ofcourse they were screwing me!

Tom

lakeview

original braided hoses wont fit as they use a banjo joint fitting,as mentioned above you would need to get rally design to make you up a set.would be worth getting them made an inch or two shorter as the ones they sell with the kit they do are a bit too long

rob

Does anyone oknow off the top of their head, what length roughly the front braided lines are, and what type is the fitting that it requires at the end going towards the master cylnder on the inner wing???

Cheers in advance

stumo

If the hoses are the correct length and it's just the fitting on the caliper end is wrong, why not just change the fitting?

post a pic of your hoses and we'll see what will need to be done....

MarkTurbo

The hose length is around 490mm (that doesn't include the length of the fittings) and the fitting that joins to the hard brake pipe is M10x1 with a convex seat.

skiddusmarkus

If the size and pitch on the banjo bolt is the same as the hole on the willwoods then can't you use that?

I used to have a willwood setup and when I switched to hispec I just reused the same lines as they fit fine.

stumo

The holes in the willwoods are imperial, i think they're 1/8th npt which takes a tapered fitting.

Cheers Mark

stumo, their is only one braided line their an it has the same connection on each end of it for connecting onto the willwoods.
The brakes were bought 2nd hand and have sat in garage for couple of months. And have only eventually decided to get round to fitting them.
So need 2 made up to suit.
Rally Designs are like £14 each or summit. So not that bad.
Last minute dot com
Again for USSC at crail on Sunday again lol.