will i loose? 320 hp pulsar vs carrera rs 1992

guider

my uncle wants to put his porsche against the R. drag and what ever else happens lol.

hes had it tuned up in germany to 340hp with 440 nm and it weighs 1200kg.It came out the factory light weight, just carpet in the back with speakers, leather pull cord to open the door etc. i have had no weight reduction but always 1.2 bar option or scramble:evil:

GTI-R Nath

isn't the Carrera about 320BHP as well, it will probably be about 250kg heavier than the pulsar.. but it will also have a higher top speed

Geo3

Give it ago and let us no! Mate raced a new 911 rs in his evo6 rs and beat him so dont no mate

johnsy

My money is on the porche!

I think it would be close though over 1/4 mile then the porche would pull away if it was over mile.

i read that the porche only weighed 1270kg out the factory, if it has been lightened and pulling 440 it will go like stink!

guider

My money is on the porche!

I think it would be close though over 1/4 mile then the porche would pull away if it was over mile.

i read that the porche only weighed 1270kg out the factory, if it has been lightened and pulling 440 it will go like stink!
i have been it it mate.it pulls like a motor bike on the motorway

pulsar jamie

my first pulsar was standard turbo standard engine but front mount intercooler, mongoose exhaust, airfilter and walboro fuel pump running 1.2 bar, i raced a guy in a porsche carrera 4s who i know and it was second gear rolling and i absouloutly blitzd him to 155mph and he couldnt still catch up top speed, a carrera 4s is 315bhp,
if your pulsar is 1.2 bar with similar modifications id put money on your car kicking the porsches arse

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
look at the torque though. wanna film it but if i get busted by putting it on the net im goosed

It's only 324lbft torque. Your R won't be far behind and anyway so what? Use you gears, that's what they are for. My R has approx 300ish lbft at 4600rpm and only 210lbtf at 7000rpm. I bet if I changed at under 5000rpm on the strip I'd be very slow compared to the 12.0s it can run when I redline it.

skiddusmarkus

Got a few things to sort 1st, top of the list is it won't start :p.I think the starter has spat the dummy out so I am trying to motivate myself to drag the car out of my garage and have a look.

Perrin21

Says a lot when you're uncle feels his Porsche is threatened by a £4000 pulsar. Who cares if you win or loose. Your uncle has already lost in my opinion by psychology .

guider

hey peeps. i went out for a blast with him yesterday and he was shocked big time. first second and third i was pulling away. gear ratio and 4wd helped big time! once higher up the gears he reeled me in. We did a few rolling starts form 50 mph and 60 and i pulled away again! i was well pleased and he was amazed!

happy days!