why not to remove that rear rocker breather and pipework

O

Odin

turbio said:
Good technical advice by flubber man as usual :-> when your throttle butterflies are shut with the pipes disconnected it dont matter how effin big your intercooler is there no friggin air getting past savvy?!! lol
Where did I say anything about intercooler's you blind old fool :roll: , I said rad as in water rad :der: ;-) .

When someone comes out with some real tech info other than a quick glance at one of the gauges while you ragging up the road then I can't see any reason to re fit it yet.

Rob

J

jpward

turblio said:
Yes the idle mixture will be richer
Im guessing then of those that have no problems without the pipe work including me are mostly running Either New Ecu's or Piggy backs to alter the fueling where you or where you standard?

O

Odin

Oh that must be why mine's not blown up yet....... I have a motec.

I thought your car blew up because it got to hot frank, So was your pipes blocked or somethig dude ? lol lol lol.

Rob

turblio

Thunder God said:
Where did I say anything about intercooler's you blind old fool :roll: , I said rad as in water rad :der: ;-) .

When someone comes out with some real tech info other than a quick glance at one of the gauges while you ragging up the road then I can't see any reason to re fit it yet.

Rob
Ok you won that part, (didnt realise you knew what a rad was) but that just makes it funnier ,water cooling my ass how are you going to compare the instant effect of the inlet tubes to the time it takes for the heat to be transferred via your liners/head then by the time its sensed by your oil cooler and thermostat, well dont think I need say anymore, apart from a quick glance and ragging it up the road was not how I tested it you can be sure of that mate

turblio

What has mine blowing up got to do with it mine blew up because of fuel surge, diesel fuel in the tank (maybe) and not enough water in the head, BUT it is at Uncle Ians at this moment having a quality HKS stylee rebuild so in way who gives a fook its only money lol

J

jpward

turblio said:
Ok you won that part, (didnt realise you knew what a rad was) but that just makes it funnier ,water cooling my ass how are you going to compare the instant effect of the inlet tubes to the time it takes for the heat to be transferred via your liners/head then by the time its sensed by your oil cooler and thermostat, well dont think I need say anymore, apart from a quick glance and ragging it up the road was not how I tested it you can be sure of that mate
i presume he actually meant Better Rad= Lower Water temp = Lower oil temps

So when the oil hits the bottom of the piston then it will have a greater cooling effect than oil vapours in the Richer mixture

O

Odin

turblio said:
(didnt realise you knew what a rad was)

Well I must be doing something right because my standard engined car is running well and putting out 400bhp and your rebuilt bling motor isn't :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

So I must have learnt a bit about keeping it all cool and in good working order, Oh and apart from mapping I don't let tuners anywhere near my motor :thumbsup: .

I spent months looking into cooling to make sure it stayed in one piece and it seem's to of paid off 8) :-D .

Rob

O

Odin

jpward said:
i presume he actually meant Better Rad= Lower Water temp = Lower oil temps

So when the oil hits the bottom of the piston then it will have a greater cooling effect than oil vapours in the Richer mixture

Thank you Mr JP ;-) that's what I meant exactly :thumbsup: .

Rob

J

jpward

Thunder God said:
Thank you Mr JP ;-) that's what I meant exactly :thumbsup: .

Rob
wow i got it right for once hehe :lol:

The only reason i bought the oil cooler is because i drive with the hot air on full in order to keep the oil temps down which helps power but hard to do in the summer so into the deep pocket :sad:

turblio

Yeah Right, no matter what I say mate because I am a mod from the other club you wont agree, which is fair enough its up to your members to decide as I think its gone off topic

O

Odin

turblio said:
Yeah Right, no matter what I say mate because I am a mod from the other club you wont agree, which is fair enough its up to your members to decide as I think its gone off topic

I don't think it's gone off topic at all we are still talking about those pipes and other forms of cooling and there effects on the engine, With a little pi55 taking chucked in for good messure ;-) , Something you modimong mods could learn from ;-) :lol: :lol: .

We don't ban people for trying to stop our members getting ar5e rapped over here :thumbsup: .

Anyway I'd like to see some more detailed info on this idea that these pipe's some how aid piston cooling, Because the moment I can't see how hot air has any cooling effect :? .

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

Rob: its what the air contains that makes the difference.

working with the idea that no air flows through the butterflys. if you block the breather what gets drawn into the vacuum when you let off? some air must get through surely:?

this is a great thread minus the bickering:-D

LOU ROB

Thunder God said:
With a little pi55 taking chucked in for good messure ;-) , Something you modimong mods could learn from

We don't ban people for trying to stop our members getting ar5e rapped over here :thumbsup: .
I ban people because I can't be doing with sarcastic, know it all tossers that only belive in what they think is right, and won't stand to be corrected :evil:. People who have diffrent user names also get on my tits :frusty:

O

Odin

LOU ROB said:
I ban people

See thats where your going wrong matey, We vote on it as whole not just make up are minds :roll: , Then we don't end up with a power hungry modimong like your fine self :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

J

jpward

Dooie Pop Pop said:
Rob: its what the air contains that makes the difference.

working with the idea that no air flows through the butterflys. if you block the breather what gets drawn into the vacuum when you let off? some air must get through surely:?

this is a great thread minus the bickering:-D
Where does the idle control vale get its air?