whistle noise from turbo!!

serks2

Ive got a whistle noise coming from my turbo, it feels like its losing air from somewere!! can it be the gasget or does it need gum!!

Cheers

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I told you not to use that penny whistle as a dump valve.

My bet is a hose not done up quite tight enough or you have over tightened it and pinched the silicone and left a gap.

What pipe clips/clamps are you using ?

serks2

stevepudney said:
I told you not to use that penny whistle as a dump valve.

My bet is a hose not done up quite tight enough or you have over tightened it and pinched the silicone and left a gap.

What pipe clips/clamps are you using ?

not sure, but thanks for that il, check out tonight, im not familliar with the car yet, i aint had it too long.

thanks

antgtir

My cousins R does the same thing mate, what turbo have you got on the car?

My cousins R doesn't seem to be down on power (as in feel) however we will be checking all of this on the Rolling Road day setup for the NW lot at Prosport in Stockport.

Id check all your main vacuum hoses and as steve has suggested check that the clips on those hoses havn't pinched a hole in the hose.

Also check for rubbing on the pipes i.e. as the pipe bends through the body of the car and past the bumper and other potential rubbing areas (dependant upon FMIC setup).

Good luck.

Ant.

serks2

antgtir said:
My cousins R does the same thing mate, what turbo have you got on the car?

My cousins R doesn't seem to be down on power (as in feel) however we will be checking all of this on the Rolling Road day setup for the NW lot at Prosport in Stockport.

Id check all your main vacuum hoses and as steve has suggested check that the clips on those hoses havn't pinched a hole in the hose.

Also check for rubbing on the pipes i.e. as the pipe bends through the body of the car and past the bumper and other potential rubbing areas (dependant upon FMIC setup).

Good luck.

Ant.[/QUO

Il chech all of them things listed tonight, the turbo is standard,,

Thanks for you comments,

Cheers :thumbsup:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I didn't mean the pipe clip/clamp would pinch a physical hole in the pipe, Imean that sometimes the depending on the clip used, if you do them up too tight the clip tends to gather the silicone and thus leave a gap/leak/hole between metal and silicone pipe.