which turbo?????????????????????????????/

A

Anonymous

hi lads i want to run my car at 1.8bar for drag days and 1.5bar daily..which is the best tubby for this.i was thinking about a hks gtr.what spec turbo would i need.thanks guys 8) 8) 8)

A

antilag

your wrong there paul u need the t51r spl which is 1000hp+ the t51r is only gonna flow 700 ish :wink:

GINGA

Theres always the Greddy T88 though aswell :wink: or for a bit more drivability could go with the HKS GT3240 8)

P

PaulG

I watched a T88 go for $500 on ebay.com the other day... so tempted :wink:

A

Anonymous

boost almighty said:
hi lads i want to run my car at 1.8bar for drag days and 1.5bar daily..which is the best tubby for this.i was thinking about a hks gtr.what spec turbo would i need.thanks guys 8) 8) 8)
how much power do you want to make or how fast do you want to go?

A

Anonymous

i want 400bhp+ and i want the car to go as quick as humanely possiblie still havent decided on the turbo yet.please help :? :? :? :?

A

Anonymous

thanks edd.i was looking at them in takakaira,but there was about 10 diffrent types of 3037s turbos.which one would suit my needs do you think..thanks again 8) 8) 8)

E

Edd

well don't be a girl like a certain forum member who opted for a smaller spec :wink:

get the 56T 0.86 A/R GT 3037S

that's what i have and it should be good, rated 480PS so might be big big for your application and on a 2.0

I have a 2.2 so am hoping it will be alright and am aiming for 450@ hubs with about 1.5/6 bar 8)

You may be better suited to a 52T 3037 so its not as laggy and less power as you are only interested in 400bhp

My car ran an HKS GTRS turbo @ 1.3 bar and got 431bhp :roll: :p (rollers overreading a bit me thinks) but this was a very low lag turbo (helped by 2.2) and spooled up well and will make 400bhp and be very driveable 8)

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice edd.i think i will buy the 52t 3037.can you buy them from the usa aswell.might be cheaper over there.oooo ya edd will that turbo run 1.6 bar no prolem :roll: :roll: ive changed my mind.im going for 1 setting on the avcr of 1.6...1.8 bar is to much i think as i have standard rods.

GINGA

With the 3037 you will have to make a new downpipe and have the manifold modified for a external wastegate use aswell as actually buying the external gate etc to make it all work its far from being a direct fit incase you didn't know.