Which Power FC unit?

A

ard1ey

AFAIK theres the Power FC SPL (normal FC adapted for GTi-R) and the Power FC Pro Spec (which is the drag edition). I asked Takakaira for the Pro Spec initially, but in their emails they never mentioned launch control and the ignition cut. They only talked about the SPL version in emails, so I assumed the part number above was for the SPL version only. Confusion :shock:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
So what are the real differences between to Pro model and standard model.

I assume the pro model is still suitable for the road and is as tunable as the standard version.

A

ard1ey

I only know of the differences that were mentioned on the Power FC group buy a while back. Both versions for the 'R (SPL and Pro) are essentially identical as far as the tuning goes, but the Pro has a two step rev limiter and at the top end of the rev range will cut the igniton whereas the SPL cuts the fuel feed (as per all other standard FC's). The two step limiter works as launch control, one limit is set for when you are moving like normal and the other limits the revs when you are standing still (the launch control). The ignition cut on the Pro should prevent any leaning out at the redline.
You might get a little Pro sticker on it as well, not sure :D