Which Power FC unit?

J

JamesB

I went to peruse some engine management and after all the +'s ive read on this site, I wanna go for power fc. But which type, there are various sr20 models but nothing specified for the R. Also, how good is the standard mapping??

A

Anonymous

JamesB said:
I went to peruse some engine management and after all the +'s ive read on this site, I wanna go for power fc. But which type, there are various sr20 models but nothing specified for the R. Also, how good is the standard mapping??
you need to speak to norris designs www.norrisdesigns.com and get simon to order up the 200sx fc that has a modified map specifically for the r.simon is the cheapest i`ve heard of for the r fc by approx £100.

according to the guy that mapped mine,the base map is quite good but will have to be altered to suit your car.

S

Sirnixalot

how about not using another 200sx part and ordering the proper Power FC from checker? THere is one for the R.

A

Anonymous

Sirnixalot said:
how about not using another 200sx part and ordering the proper Power FC from checker? THere is one for the R.
when did this 1 get to the market?
only 6 months ago,the only 1 you could get was for the 200sx that was modded by apex engineering.

S

Sirnixalot

you didnt look hard enough :wink: ......Hiteq could get the ones for the R from last feb.

J

JamesB

thanks for your thoughts, here in oz they dont sell the r model but i was going to get one sent from japan with a bunch of other parts - model code would help for ordering if poss

S

Sirnixalot

ummmi dont know it off hand but i will ask another member (Memski) when i see him online tommorow...check back on the forums tommorow and you should see it

P

purplemonster

which 200sx "power fc" has the same pin outs as a gitr then ?
which year and model

robert

S

Sirnixalot

they dont.....you have to rewire it to work....just get the prower unit

P

purplemonster

LOL
im looking for the proper thing :)

but im not paying full retail price for it :)

skiddusmarkus

I've had a couple of prices on these now:

Taka:

Note that Apex Power FC for Pulsar RNN14(MT-model / 90.8~95.1) #4E14N03Z (price JPY 118,000) is an Apex Power
Excel Dealer item and stock will be ready by end of Feb to early March( by 4th March 2004). FC Commander
(price JPY 35,000) is in stock with Apex now.
Checker:

1) Tomei Valve springs; 43,200 yen
2) Power FC Computer; 106,200 yen
3) Power FC Commander; 28,000 yen
Sub Total; 177,400 yen
handling fee for export(5%); 8,870 yen
Shipping Cost; 6,200 yen(EMS Postage)
Total Amount; 192,470 yen

A

Anonymous

for the guy in australia who wants one call sasha.. in sydney

www.japboys.com

i think his details are there.

he should be able to fix you up if you dont fuck around

O

one Gti-R

Guys there is only one company that modifies the Apexi Power FC to suit the GTI-R and it is done by

AP engineering.

contact them directly you need a GTI-R specific hand controller to tune the GTI-R Power FC aswell.

they go for roughly $1200 australian dollars and then add on the extra for the hand controller.

I believe you can still get AP engineering Power FC from Greenline in japan.

www.greenline.co.jp

D

Dandin

one Gti-R said:
you need a GTI-R specific hand controller to tune the GTI-R Power FC aswell.
Not true.

I use my a friends R32 GTR Hand Controller fine with my Power FC. I can get the part number for it tonight.

A

AJ4

AFAIK ( and I did a _lot_ of research before buying one on the OC group buy because I couldn't find one ), the only ones available for RNN14 are standard ones that have been modified by AP Engineering. The hand controller as mentioned is a standard skyline one and works with some of the other Nissan PFC ecu's.

A

ard1ey

I think 4E14-N03Z is the normal Power FC for the 'R (so said Takakaira when I was looking). This number is on an A.P.Engineering/Power Excel application list I found somewhere as well. Hand controller number was 415-N001 if anyone wants it.