Which hose do i need?

billy187

Had abit of a scare today when i pulled over because there was smoke coming from under the hood, found it was a split hose spraying coolant out from right side of the engine, right up against it...anyone know where i can get a samco hose for this? its the really thin one....is it just called the coolant hose? :oops:

also noticed abit of a whine from the turbo after the car is turned off, is this normal? ive never noticed it before but my mates seem adament that its always been there....its a gt3071

thanks

billy

J

JoeGT

Not sure about the hose question but yes you can expect to hear your turbo spooling down when you turn the car off.

billy187

will get try get a picture inabit but the hose is only about 15cm long and its under quite abit of wiring exactly to the side of the engine on the right hand side......

billy187

Heres a picture i already had, have put a red cross on the bar which the hose then connects to...

Last edited:

ashills

thats the water feed to the turbo dont think theres a samco for that especially but probably something like a bit of 6 or 8 mm samco will do job or just a bit of rubber hose will last a good few years

billy187

cheers thanks for that, any decent links as to where i should order it from? somewhere preferebly that somebodys used before?

Animaldaz

if you buy the 7 piece ancillary hose kit from samco it includes the length of hose for that, although as allen has said a piece of 6 or 8mm hose (cant remember which) will do.

i found nissan garage where i live very good for this sort of thing. I just went there and orederd what i wanted, 2 days later it was ready to be picked up, and very good prices too.