Which chip

B

blr123

My son is looking get his R chiped, anybody have any info, which type, prices, power gains, how much performance gain and anything else anybody can think of[;)]

Cheers Brayn

PS websites would be good

J

jasegould

The Dastek unichip is supposed to be very good, and you can get it remapped each time you do a new mod, think its about £500-600 fitted, with a charge of £60ish to get it remapped. The other option is to go with separate boost and fuel controllers, but i think that these are not as flexible as the unichip...[?]

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

B

blr123

Thanks Jason,

Do you know of a supplier with a web site?

Cheers Bryan

turblio

Try Owen Developments in Oxford, I run a Unichip and have to say
am pleased with it
Frank

quote:Mines not white its Ivory

B

blr123

Thanks Guys, I have contacted our local tuner as listed, they are Storm Engineering, I'll let you know what they say[;)]

Thanks again Bryan

B

bean

Check the link in my signature, this guy will be starting work GTiR ECU's soon. [;)]

Email and pester him! [:D]

Custom GTiR ECU Maps coming soon
www.h-dev.co.uk

chrisniss91

Does the unichip it self add any power or does it just allow the tuner to get the fueling and timing etc all spot on :?:

turblio

what some tuners do is up the boost to 1bar and cover the relative
fueling and ignition map required with the unichip there was a recent post
covering this in detail
Frank

NISR227

Chris, don't know where you heard that ND don't sell the unichip anymore??

My brother has had further work done to his car, due for collection on Wednesday, and once run in he's already agreed with Si for a unichip to be fitted and mapped to 1.6bar, he agreed this just a couple of weeks ago. Unless they have literally changed to selling another mappable ECU this week??

chrisniss91

I spoke to simon today and his words were ''we dont sell the unichip anymore cous they are unreliable'' The only one we sell now is the power FC.
thats exactly what he said cous i phoned to book it in for a unichip and that was my reply :cry:

NISR227

I've just spoke to my brother and told him to insist on the Power FC with ND once he goes back after his running in.

I've had no problems with my unichip but then i'm not running huge power and i've had it mapped at powerstation a few times. I can't comment about unichip mapping at ND (or interpro as they use).

G

gotoinstant-redline

Will the chip its self give more power???

YES..

how??

it just controls the fueling / timing so as to make more power at set points in the rev range and at set boost levels. just like any other chip.. its just this one can be fine tuned to suit your exact engine or mods.

what would i get for my own gtir? nothing less than a motec i think :D

sadly i'm not made of money and it'll either have to wait a while or i'll get the power fc..

L.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I'm sure that Dastek have moved their HQ from South Africa to Fife in Scotland... Could be wrong...

Bryan, Star Performance or AWD will map a UniChip for you... There both quite near where you are... Although I'd do for either an A'PEXi S-AFC or Power FC...

Rishi

B

blr123

Hey Rishi, we could get this done at the RR day eh 8) :wink:

Any word on when the RR day is likely to be in December :?: I'm sure Stuart's car WILL be ready 8) :wink:

Cheers Bryan

A

Anonymous

I got my car back today as my brother said (NISR227).....

I spoke to Simon face to face and asked him about the unichip.....

His respone was what chris said, they don't do the UNICHIP anymore, the 2 ECU's they do for the GTiR are the Power FC and the Motec.

The Power FC does exactly what the unichip does, but a lot better and also does a lot more.

So I've decide I'm gonna go for the Power FC once my car has been run in. I'm aiming for around 360-370 BHP.

I've heard good stories about the Unichip, and I'm not knocking it, but my car is going back to ND in 1500 miles time so I might as well go for the Power FC.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like your car and mine are gonna be very similar spec Chris.

ND will set the car up using the Power FC and a 200SX S14 map, which is then modified to GTIR spec. I can't wait too. I'm aiming for around 360-370 BHP.....depends what boost I run. 1.4-1.6 bar?