which air filter?

A

Anonymous

Ive got a K+N air filter on at the mo, but was thinking of an upgrade soon, still running standard boost..

Any reccomendations?

Cheers 8)

S

Sirnixalot

if you have a K&N panel filter that sits in the standard air box then upgrade but if you have a cone type filter then its not worth it unless you go Blitz SUS or HKS metal flow. The Apexi uses the same cotton material, the other Trust and HKS pod filters use a stupid foam.

A

Anonymous

its a cone air filter at the moment, but was thinking blitz sus etc,

Si..

i've got the blitz sus m8, and its spot on, maintenance free well almost coz you dont have to clean it like the cotton or foam ones. :wink:

M

memski

If you've already got the K&N cone, I would save your money and put it towards another mod that will actually give you a noticable improvement in performance.

chrisniss91

memski said:
If you've already got the K&N cone, I would save your money and put it towards another mod that will actually give you a noticable improvement in performance.
He's right actually 8) You could put that £100+ towards a boost controller or something else :wink:

B

BOYYYDY

I've got the blitz sus filter and I'm very happy with it :D But if you've already got a half decent filter on there, it might be worth spending the money on something else firstly to get more satisfaction for money :!: Mine was 180 quid I think :?

Cris

Bear in mind that the metal filters have wider 'holes' than cotton/foam filters.

This means that more air gets through but also that more particles (i.e. dust) gets through.

Opinion is divided as to whether this makes them:

a) better than the others

b) the evil thing in history and will destroy your car and maybe your family too

I suspect that there's not a lot in it so would stick with what you've got. Perhaps rigging up some form of cold air ducting or re-locating your battery (or both) would probably net more results.

I'm sure that there are some notes about how to do cold air ducting somewhere.

There was a rumour that someone was knocking up an airbox/heatshield for cone filters. I wonder if it came to anything.........

MarkTurbo

If you've already got an induction kit you probably won't notice any performance increase from changing it to a different type, but if you do change go for the blitz sus, it makes a lovely noise when you come on boost :D
It looks the b****cks as well (not that it makes any difference when you're behind the wheel!!!)

I left the bottom half of the standard airbox in place on my car to get some cold air to it, the cone sits in it quite nicely :wink:

A

Anonymous

but what kind of Blitz-filter do u guys use? how do u fit it?

A

Anonymous

Stick with your K&N and put the money towards an electronic boost controller if you dont have one!

8)

SunOnGTiR

Blitz SUS ..............very nice........looks and sound.........got one :lol:
I agree with the guys.......save up for a boost controller, maybe a Greddy profec B :wink:

A

Anonymous

rigging up a cold-air box, and swapping places between battery and airfilter might also be a good idea... (double good thingies, shorter air intake, and cold-airbox).

P

Phil_d74

Why not look into combining the cold air feed and the filter, I have just bought an airfilter and carbon airbox that has RAM air, it is made by a company called BMC, they make air filters for ferrari and williams formula one cars so should be excellent.
All this and still under 200 squids! :p

Will need to make a few adjustments but will update as to how it performs :roll:

U

Urban_R

yeh ive got one of the evo 6 K+N filters on mine but it was on there since i bought it. It is huge and sounds good [/quote][/url]