Where to plumb and wire boost guage?

MarkTurbo

Theres a little black sender unit mounted in the passenger side front wing area (near the air filter).

Just put the T piece for the boost gauge somewhere in the pipe that runs between this sender and the inlet manifold :wink:

MarkTurbo

I forgot to mention that it splits into two earlier :oops:

If you follow the pipe fron the sender unit it comes up just behind the standard dump valve and splits in two. One end goes onto the back of the inlet manifold, and the other goes onto the fuel pressure regulator (on the end of the fuel rail).

Matt Evans

O.k. The pipe work is all plumbed in now and I've temporarily fitted the guage where the coin holder is (was). Now to wire it in! there are two wires, a red and a black, and its got a little black block on it which I think is called an inverter. Any ideas as to where and how to wire it in?

youngsyp

Connect the black lead to any earth and the red lead to a live that is live when the lights are on. Try the back of one of the switches in the centre consul.

Matt Evans

I'm really not that good when it comes to electrics. Would I be able to wire it to the head light switch? If possible I need to know exactly which terminals to attach the wires to.

MarkTurbo

I put the live wire on my boost gauge onto the one of the connections on the switch that dims the dash lights :wink:

G

GartracS2

An easy way is to wire up to earth on the metal cage where the standard radio bolts to and wire the positive wire to the light stalk. Just use a test lamp to find which wire is live when lights are in on position.

G

GAZ P

Just fitted an A'pexi boost gauge into mine, spliced into the heater control loom to get a feed for the lights.Can't remember the colour of the wire but if you put a test light on the multiplug and turn on the lights this will give you the wire to connect to. :D :wink: :D