where to get alloys stripped and powdercoated.

kyepan

They are pretty trick racing type aluminum ones.. are red... want them to be white..they look a bit fragile so i need somewhere good. they don't need reconing, just cleaning up and painting.

does anyone know first hand where in the reading / slough / bracknell / wycombe are does this.. or recommend someone on list.
8)
and how much should i expect to pay per wheel?

thanks in advance.

turblio

I used spit and polish in maidstone they done a very good job cost
190.00 they collect from Torque sport chertsey Justin
Frank

A

Anonymous

Hello mate,

Failing that you could have a word with elite wheels(down portman road where battle hospitle is) I think they are a bit dearer. I had a set of 17" white wheels refurbed and painted anthracite at 90 per wheel. It is cheaper for smaller wheels and seeing as your only getting them painted cheaper still.

Nad

I done mine in 2 Pac, IMO slighty tougher than powdercoating from experience, and easier to repair. Done them myself incl stipping all for £50 :D

Nad

E

Edd

same here 2 pac and lots of 2 pac lacquer.........all for free :p

kyepan

looks like torque sport are gonna sort out the two paq route. nice,

any reccomendations for really cleaning them up prior to the painting?

E

Edd

sand them with orbital sander if you have one, if youve got big chips get an alloy welder to weld some alloy in then sand them back to match rest of wheel

Nad

Get the nitromorse on them and strip all the paint off IMO. Then put on a 2 pac etch primer, and then a normal primer after that. This way the paint will really stay on rather than just going on top of sanded paint. If u do this and the paint isnt compatable u will get a bad reaction and it will affect the finish.

B

blr123

Edd said:
same here 2 pac and lots of 2 pac lacquer.........all for free :p
So Edd is this what you're doing to the 1's Stuart is getting :wink: if yes remember don't skimp on the lacquer :shock:

Cya Bryan