Wheels to Fit Brembo 4-Pots?

G

GTI-R

Fitted half the Brembo 4-pot kit but a bit of a disaster, the wheel does not fit back on due to clearance.

I have 17inch Momo Arrows, anyone suggest a wheel type with good inside clearance. What are OZ's normally like?

Anyone?

GINGA

Oz's are normally pretty good for clearance depends on which one's though really :?:
Where is the clearance needed :?: can't you fit spacers :?:

M

memski

Found the hispec 6pot kit with 335 mm discs fitted over my 17" OZ superleggeras, can't imagine the 4pot brembos needing more clearance so you should be ok with the Ozs.

G

GTI-R

Cheers for replies guys, basically I need another 10mm clearance and do not ideally want to use spacers.

Will try to take the half-day tomorrow and see if I can find so decent wheels over here - unlikely though, not much choice normally.

JU5TY

I assume Caleb means clearance between the back of the spokes and the caliper.

I had exactly the same problem with my Antera's, didnt fancy spacers so ended up selling them and buying new wheels... :?

Nad

Need more offset then. Was a post on here a while back with standard and the ideal range of offset not to upset the handling.

Nad

G

GTI-R

Coolio, so it looks like I need some new wheels with a greater offset. Looks like my current offset is about 30mm, which seems slightly low. I hope I can find some decent ones over here, if not, anyone used people like www.elitedirect.com who promise a huge stock and next day delivery.

Nad, any chance of a link to that thread you mention, tried searching for it but couldn't, which is probably down to the fact that I am very nervous as I am comin' over at the end of the week and things are looking a bit turd at the mo :shock: :cry: :roll:

Websnowbo

30mm is already pretty low to be honest. I think you will be hard pushed to find any 4x100 Wheels that have a lower offset.

Maybe its just that the Arrows have crap clearance, you should be fine with another make of wheel but you would be best trying them on the car first. You may need to buy a motorsport inspired/designed wheel as they have big brakes in mind when designed.

G

GTI-R

Alright, bear with me - I am a thicky but...

If I get an offset of 40mm then surely this will push the wheel out further and give me greater clearance, or am I being a thicky? Should I maybe go for 38mm as to not go too far out.

Also what else do I need to tell them? I'm leaving in a few minutes to start my search, wish me luck :lol:

Websnowbo

The opposite Celeb. The offset is measured from the centre of the wheel to the face that bolts to the disc/hub.

Not many cars on 4x100 Stud pattern use an offset lower than 30. I think Honda might but i'm not sure.

There are loads of Golf rims out there with damn low offsets but your gonna run into arch problems.

G

GTI-R

OK Dude, well I'm not too sure what the offset is on my current wheel but I've just borrowed a set with a 35mm offset and though it is better I need an extra 3-4 mm to be cool, so am I looking for a 31mm offset then? Or is Mr. Thicky stepping back in?

G

GTiRsalter

Surely a greater positive offset would move the spokes of the wheel futher away from the caliper.

If your momos are +30mm then fitting +40mm would give 10mm more clearance for the same wheel.

ian.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GTiRsalter said:
Surely a greater positive offset would move the spokes of the wheel futher away from the caliper.

ian.
Looking at the picture, I can see why you're thinking that. If you add 10mm to the offset the distance between the centre line of the wheel and the hub face(proper name :?: ) of the wheel will be 10mm more, but what that means is that the wheel has to move an extra 10mm into the centre line to sit on the hub, hence increasing offset moves the wheel further into the wheel arch and spokes closer to the caliper. Thus you need to decrease the offset to move the wheel spokes away from the hub.

G

GTI-R

Cheers Guys

All sort now, went for standard offset but with a rallyesque wheel for ultimate calliper clearance.

At now I know how the offset works, though I would have made it the other way had I invented the wheel :lol: