Wheels 17's or 16's you decide

P

Pulsar_Bitch

What do you all think?

I had ordered a set of 17's but have been warned that these will be too heavy for the R

What do you all think and what size are you??? :lol: :wink: :D

mattygti-r

they arent too heavy

most people just go for 16s or 15s

15s limit ur brake choice etc

16s are good

17s some see as bit max power, and can affect handling etc

get them lazer alligned whatever you decide

p/s lightweight jap wheels are where its at :wink:

edit to say....at the end of the day its ur car , get the wheels ud like on there, personally 17s i think look quite odd on the R

think alot of people have gone from larger wheels to smaller for handling

i noticed the differnce going from 16" to 15 jap wheels

good luck on what u decide

mohsan

16/17

yes it all comes down to,performance or show.16a are a compromise,however i know of a ultra light alloy. the key velocity,as my mate has put them on his primera gt 17s,beatufil wheel,with a bling finish to it,check them out.
but yeh really its gota be 16s,then again 17s werent that bad,and my car wasnt properly set up either,well if you do go for 17s go ultra light

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Which tyres have you got on there as my 16" Volks with 225/40/16s weigh abit more than that :(

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Thanks

Got my R yesterday and had order some 17's but have rang the wheel co up and they have said I can send em back and swap for 16's if I want?

Will have to pay postage tho which is a bit ov a bummer

S

Stoned

Fast Guy said:
Which tyres have you got on there as my 16" Volks with 225/40/16s weigh abit more than that :(
195/45/16

Toyo Proxy TS-1's

Matty, how much were your wheels then? And do they actually look any good :wink:

mattygti-r

they weight fck all , they are about 5kg without tyres im assuming

they erm were exchange for parts :wink:

pic taken just after washed car hence bit of water and "rusty" brakes :lol:

heres a pic

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Sent my 17's back today as they said they woudl swap them for 16's and guess wot

They rang me this afternoon and told me they dont do 16's

Am a very angry gnome

M

Mart

Pulsar_Bitch said:
They rang me this afternoon and told me they dont do 16's

Am a very angry gnome
Stick with the 17" then, doh! And ask for the delivery money BACK!

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Right, Its been decided.
16's
Picked a new set of wheels as they dont do the TSW ones in baby 16's.

Not here till next week tho as being shipped from Italy :(

A

Anonymous

Put 17's on mine instead of the 15's on it and it has hammered the accelleration :cry: :cry: They are heavier and are 1" bigger diameter even with 205/40/17 tyres. I have a little calculator that works out sizes and 205/35/17's would match standard, but can you buy these???

The 17's look much better, so that makes up for it for me 8) as I don't do track days or the Pod.....

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
akroblade954 said:
I have a little calculator that works out sizes and 205/35/17's would match standard, but can you buy these???
What size 15s did you have on? I had 205/50/15s and 215/35/17s come in a couple of mm under the diammeter of the 15s, so they'd do. :wink: