wheel spraying

puregttipower

Hi
I wanted to know if anyone knows how to repsray car alloys? i.e white
Or if anyone knows any websites where they have a guide to show how to respray alloys.

Thanks

J

jasegould

Just spray them the same as you would anything else.

paz

The simple version is sand them down thoroughly starting with a rough grade and progressing to a medium and fine grade paper.

Once you've done that rinse the wheels clean and thoroughly dry them.

If the tyres are still on, mask them off with newspaper and tape, then your ready to start.

Prep the wheels with a primer, let that dry, the less you rush it, the better the job you'll do. I'd always give the wheels a second coat of primer but thats me, others may not. Once the primer is dry spray with the paint of your choice, normal car paint in tins should work fione, although I imagine you'd go through a few. Same as with the primer, don't rush it, spray from a reasonable distance away from the wheels to prevent build up of paint in some areas but not others, allow to dry overnight and re-apply as many layers as neccessary.

Once you're done with the paint and its completely dry, apply a layer or two of laquer. The theory again is the same.

Hope this helps. Personally I know I could do it, but really couldn't be arsed!!! :lol: A sprayshop or wheel restorer would just stick the wheels in acid and spray them much quicker and easier.

Paz