whats wrong with my 5th gear?

chadboy

ive bought a 320bhp pulsar (off lamb) & ive been a bad boy! ive been racing all the fastest cars around the valleys, and hve not lost one race yet! :( except for tonight. i was racing a skyline gtr, and i was blowing him up to 4th gear and i put it in 5th, and then there was no drive?? once i put it in 5th there was no noice until i lifted the clutch and there was a lite grinding noise ( like it aint lining up) i put my foot back on the clutch and i could not pull it back out of 5th gear?? one i pulled over i pulled it out of 5th gear and all of the gears are fine but not 5th, and reverse is stiff.

if anyone can help me out by explaining if its f**kt o not!!

thanx chadboy
:D

Moved to Problem Solving

MarkTurbo

Sounds like you've stripped 5th gear :(

If you put it in 5th and let the clutch up what happens :?: The other gears could be stiff because of bits of 5th jammed in them :wink:

First thing to do is drain the gearbox oil and look for bits of metal :!:

O

Olly

stripped the teeth of 5th in some full throttle gear change and now box is blocked up with teeth in the selector gate.....
thats my guess 8)

Fire & skill

Vintage member
so you can still get it in reverse? and when you engage 5th and lift the clutch up - is there any bite? or is it just nothing at all

AshBhp

Defo 5th gear gone.

Like Mark said drain gearbox oil and also u should see fine golden dust particles in oil :(

MarkTurbo

AshBhp said:
Like Mark said drain gearbox oil and also u should see fine golden dust particles in oil :(
Or bits of gear teeth :wink:

Its even worse when you find all this lot in your gearbox oil, and that was only about a 1/4 of it :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C

clive760

box

MarkTurbo said:
AshBhp said:
Or bits of gear teeth :wink:

Its even worse when you find all this lot in your gearbox oil, and that was only about a 1/4 of it :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

time 4 a new box get used 2 it mate as its going 2 be 1 off many :oops: :shock: :lol:

MarkTurbo

Re: box

clive760 said:
time 4 a new box get used 2 it mate as its going 2 be 1 off many :oops: :shock: :lol:
That was a while ago now :wink: That was my first box, i've had 2 more since then :lol: :lol: :lol: