Whats the Easiest way through firewall. For boost hose.

M

madcabbie

Hi guys, Whats the easiest way through the firewall to access/feed the boost gauge vacumm hose. I have a photo which shows access via gromet hole at the top right of the firewall. but mine has heeps of wiring and a pump if somesort infront of this hole, but i can move them to access this.

The problem is reaching the vacuumhose from the inside of the car. I can't see this hole when looking from under the passenger side of the dash. Do i need to remove part of the dash? The glovebox is easiest enough to remove. But then I see a think pipe and relays and other stuff in the road.

So is there an easier way to get the vacuum hose through the firewall to the dash? Should i drill a new hole?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

MarkTurbo

If you look to the right and slightly up of where the fuel filter is mounted there is a rubber grommet.

I ran mine through this one and then ran the pipe across underneath the dash, but its a bit awkward to pull it through from the inside of the car :wink: I managed ok on mine though cos i havent got all the aircon crap behind it :lol:

You could always just keep feeding it through from the engine bay side and hope it appears in the car somewhere :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Both sides will likely involve taking the whels and arch liners out for access. There was no way though my bulkhead either.

If you want to go through the drivers side, just above the accelerator there is a big grommet, it comes out behind the wheel arch liner. I went though the side of that grommet as it has alot of rubber to the sides of centre. :)

On the passenger side, go though the grommet for the door electrics and go behind the wheel arch liner into the engine bay :)

andygtir

i went through the grommet behind the glove compartment- i think where the ecu wiring goes into the engine bay. should be enough room there.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have a load of (aircon?) boxes bolted to the footwell bulkhead there, preventing access to the grommet from the inside. :?

S

stuart rawlinson

passenger side footwell theres a a grommet hole there just pull the carpet back loads of room

Stu

M

madcabbie

Thanks guys, I ended up running accros the firewall and down through a hole on the driversside which leads to the driverside indicator. I then drilled a hole near the door hinge bolts which gave me access via the drivers side footwell. Then just ran the hose up to the gauge which i put where the coin holder was. Next to the mirrow switchs.

cheers anyway guys.

I had aircon crap everywhere or I would have run it through that grommet on the passenger side.

Dave