whats goin on then?

GTiR_Mic

I got my sticker straight away after I paid my membership.

...but after paying the money and everyone else i haven't really seen o heard anything on what is happning.

You say there is 150+ members there is £3000 straight away and after owning and running my own website for 2 and a bit years it isn't that dear to keep up just the maintance time.

At present my car is off the road for another few months but track days, meets etc would still be good to meet other members.

It is a new year so lets hope for the best :wink:

Mic

Ricky_GTi-R

GTiR_Mic said:
I got my sticker straight away after I paid my membership.

...but after paying the money and everyone else i haven't really seen o heard anything on what is happning.

You say there is 150+ members there is £3000 straight away and after owning and running my own website for 2 and a bit years it isn't that dear to keep up just the maintance time.

At present my car is off the road for another few months but track days, meets etc would still be good to meet other members.

It is a new year so lets hope for the best :wink:

Mic
Who do i ask about my sticker situation lad?

Ricky

Keira

R called Jay said:
So that makes me a pulsar owner for 4+ years not willing to pay membership on the gtiroc but paying membership to the MLR of which I have no interest :!:
Ironic :cry:
certainly is :wink:

cojack

I would say only time will tell. It's only £20 notes don't break the bank. But what i will say is it is very quite since paid membership. When i first got my R and joined up to this club the for sale section was full of bargins now your lucky to get anything.

I'm not bothered either way my self i come here to make a couple of local friend with Rs and get info and buy thing's for my car. I'm sorry but i wouldn't be seen dead in a coat with my car's logo on. To me thats is proper chav. Each to there own thou init. But i paid my £20 note's just for some of the information you guys have given me which i am greatfull for and well worth 20 nicker for. Christ that a quarter nissan would charge to get your R into the workshop.
Just my 2p pence worth :wink:

A

AJ4

Dont forget that the membership was brought in because the members wanted it, to try and minimise the rubbish that was being posted. Now those very same members are moaning about the membership ?? Ah well, can't please everyone I suppose, especially not Pulsar owners.

If anyone is suggesting that only the mods should organise things, then maybe they won't mind the mods being paid for it out of club funds ? All the mods are volunteers, nobody is paid for anything, so how can people complain that they shouldn't have to do anything themselves just because its a paid membership ?

I've spent nearly 4 hours a night for the last two months working on the new site, unpaid, and I'm quite happy to do it for the sake of the club. I even paid my £20 like everyone else ! So all I see now is people moaning that things aren't being done, when none of them is willing to lift a hand to help. What rights do you have exactly to demand things of the mods when they are all unpaid volunteers ? Get off your lazy asses and do something yourself, you ungrateful twats.

[/rant] :D

Keira

AJ4 said:
Dont forget that the membership was brought in because the members wanted it, to try and minimise the rubbish that was being posted. Now those very same members are moaning about the membership ?? Ah well, can't please everyone I suppose, especially not Pulsar owners.
ross, i've never moaned about paying the £20, all i've only ever asked is what am i getting and what differences will there be for the fact im now paying £20, i dont feel thats a difficult question to answer, yet it never was when i first asked it and no ones come along and said exactly whats going to happen in the future.

personally a sticker and a membership card doesn't do alot for me :roll:

if the people that are supposed to be running the site cant manage to answer a simple bloody question wtf are they capable of doing ?

maybe with the likes of yourself, rob, rishi and others now involved something will happen this year 8)

GTiR_Mic

AJ4 said:
I've spent nearly 4 hours a night for the last two months working on the new site, unpaid, and I'm quite happy to do it for the sake of the club. I even paid my £20 like everyone else ! So all I see now is people moaning that things aren't being done, when none of them is willing to lift a hand to help. What rights do you have exactly to demand things of the mods when they are all unpaid volunteers ? Get off your lazy asses and do something yourself, you ungrateful twats.

[/rant] :D
Im more than willing to help out the club when I can, just need someone to tell me what would need done. Also free time is the other thing, helping do up a house, when i can work on my shed on an R and anything else that crops up and being on call for 24 hours 2 weeks of the month doesn't help either.

All I want to know about my £20 that was put in what we going to see with that little bit of cash?

...and from Mr Weasel's last post none of the people who are supposed to be running the site have yet answerd the question.

Mic

A

AJ4

GTiR_Mic said:
Also free time is the other thing, helping do up a house, when i can work on my shed on an R and anything else that crops up and being on call for 24 hours 2 weeks of the month doesn't help either
That was kinda my point, everyone has something going on in their lives that means they can't do club stuff 24/7, especially as its all for free.

I don't want to get in an argument with you guys as I agree with some of your points. It was just something I could answer, you were complaining that none of the admin were responding so I responded with what little I could. I plan to take a backseat for a while and just work on the site quietly, I don't want to get into any flame wars with anyone at the moment, I've got too much on my plate personal wise.

If its any consollation, I've made quite a few requests and suggestions as well on what I think the club should be doing, but I only have the same power to suggest things like everyone else, I don't have anything to do with the actual running of the club. I've disagreed strongly with some of the things that have been suggested as well on how its run. If you want to know anything about the website side of things, I'll gladly answer them though. Someone else will have to answer general club stuff :(

GTiR_Mic

I don't think your starting an argument at all mate, I would still be able to help out with the site even with the above stated on what I have on my plate.

There have been a few of you trying to help answer the questions that have been put up and that is good to see but the main runners of the site should also try and help answer them.

I don't want this to turn into a full sacle riot with everyone arguing on stupid things.

Mic

Keira

GTiR_Mic said:
I don't want this to turn into a full sacle riot with everyone arguing on stupid things.
i dont see theres any arguing at all.

People just want to know what things are going to happen for the club they've paid to improve and all i've ever wanted to know is why is anything going to improve just because you've now paid £20.

My whole point from day one was that without any enthusiasm from the people that are in the position of running things it hardly inspires anyone. Its abit of a joke to charge people and then expect them to sort things out for themselves as they always have done anyway.

O

Odin

deisel weasel said:
Its abit of a joke to charge people and then expect them to sort things out for themselves as they always have done anyway.
I'll have to disagree with you a little on that point mate :wink: , The difference now is that if there's any costs involved like track hire and the like, Club banners, and a cheap tent :shock: :lol: , Now there's the money to funds these things.

We can subsidies track and sprint days if Kev will release the purse stings abit :roll: .

Also there's the new site which has taken a while I know :oops: but will be good once up and running :lol: lol.

rob

Keira

vpulsar said:
Now there's the money to funds these things.

We can subsidies track and sprint days if Kev will release the purse stings abit :roll: .

Also there's the new site which has taken a while I know :oops: but will be good once up and running :lol: lol.
kinda proves my point rob,

The clubs got the money to help sort things out but then you say 'if kev will release the purse strings abit :roll: ' Which kinda suggests there isn't much intention or wish to do so, which means anything the rest of you try to do is being done with one hand tied behind your backs.

this thread would've died a death if i hadn't dragged it back up and theres still no answer as to what is planned.

CAN SOMEONE JUST SAY EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING TO BE PLANNED FOR 2006

MarkTurbo

deisel weasel said:
My whole point from day one was that without any enthusiasm from the people that are in the position of running things it hardly inspires anyone. Its abit of a joke to charge people and then expect them to sort things out for themselves as they always have done anyway.
That was the point i've tried to put across a few times recently :wink: Without much success :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
deisel weasel said:
That was the point i've tried to put across a few times recently :wink: Without much success :lol: :lol: :lol:
lets just forget it then mark and get our twenty quids out so we get a sticker and some extra sections to post in :roll:

we can have a nice cup of tea and a chat about what bits you need if you're going to keep that shed of yours instead :wink: :lol:

deank93

deisel weasel said:
CAN SOMEONE JUST SAY EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING TO BE PLANNED FOR 2006
I really think this is the problem and this is the simple question that needs answering....everyone wants to know what is planned because everyone on here wants to be a part of it, answer that and we can hopefully have something good to look forward to and to discuss rather than everyone being frustrated at not knowing what is happening.

In my humble opinion communication is always key to making a success of everything you do, without it you will fail or never reach full its potential and from the top it appears very poor, this poor communication seems to slowly be moving the core of the club towards selfdestruction.

Why has no one stepped up and clearly laid out an agenda for 2006?

What are the plans for the season ahead? track days? shootouts? meet ups? club merchandise? club newsletter, club mag etc?

What is the plan with the new website? why is it changing? what will be better? when will it be ready?

Can someone from the top of the club please speak to its members and give us all something positive to talk about.

DEAN.