What would be best????

DanValv3r

Ok i know ive only had the R a month or 2 but me and the missus have decided we wanna move out, and i definatly wont be able to afford to run it so i may have to sell it all depending on what we decide to do!!

As soom of you know, the conrod snapped and broke the bottom end, so i have now sourced a new bottom end which looks pretty mint but have yet to fit it!!

now the question is, would it be best for me to get the bottom end fitted and sell it on or sell it on as abit of a project for someone who knows how?? i bought it from GTIRNeil, its this one here

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45150

unfortunatly im gonna have to sell it for something alot more sensible lol!!

what do u guys rekon???

Fire & skill

Vintage member
West side is de best :-D

seriously though, if you are asking this question then i guess you are prob thinking sensibly! , in that case its time to sell and buy an Audi A4 or something like that :(

been there though, its very hard to turn your back on a performance car though - you will be back at some point :lol:

DanValv3r

exactly, have done it before, i know it was only from a clio 16v to a deisel van but i missed it so much i bought another 2 16vs lol

well i ideally want a turbo deisel so i can pull a trailor with the track clio, if it was any other car id keep the pulsar and sell the clio but the clio holds alot of sentimental value and i dont think i could bring myself to sell it so the only one let is the pulsar, even tho ive never driven it properly coz it broke, i will still miss this car if i do have to sell it!!!!

DanValv3r

and if i did sell it i will 100% definatly have another oen in a few years time when finance is good and i can afford one comfortably again

rossdj1983

the mistake i made was thinking because their cheap-ish to buy their cheap to run..... how wrong i was ive spent 7.5k within the last six months, got one pi55ed off mrs and only drove it 1.7 miles.

im sure theres others alike (i hope so anyway)

Mr GTiR

rossdj1983 said:
im sure theres others alike (i hope so anyway)
Yes there is ;-)

A sensable car would be a Golf GT TDi. My misses has one and i love it. Very good fuel economy and bags of torque, btw it's the Mk4 with the twin oil pumps.

N

newbie2

i used to have a bmw 530d remapped to 230bhp, it could probably pull a jumbo jet, was as fast as a evo 4 in 4th and 5th gear and could return 40mpg ! an excellent car.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
that reminds me of that thread on scoobynet, the 5 series oil burner that ripped an impreza :lol:

would love to dig that one up again

DanValv3r

ok forget i even asked that question, hopfully gettin a new job next month with a company van of my own, tow bar and everything so will be keeping the pulsar as the weekend thrash about lol!!!! thats for all the advice anyway guys!!!