what to do???

Murff93GTiR

Ive owned my pulsar for about 2 years now but for the last year its been off the road being rebuilt.but time is hard to find to work on it.its currently sitting with no engine but the engine is fully built.i dont want to leave the pulsar scene but i dont know what to do theres probly around 7-8k worth of stuff for it.

spec as follows:
wiseco 87mm pistons with block bored to suit
brand new std rods with arp rod bolts
std crank micropolished
full acl bearings
recon'd oil pump
brand new nissan water pump
head skimmed chemical cleaned,new exhaust valve guides
valve stem oil seals
Re-shimmed
hks 264 cams
greddy rocker stoppers
cosworth 1.5mm head gasket
std injectors for now
mocal 13 row oil cooler
turbonetics gt30 turbo
forge actuator with red spring
3" turbo elbow
front exit exhaust
lightweight alloy flywheel
exedy clutch kit
pace front mount with twin slimline fans and short pipe work
sheepdog bov
cusco front and rear strut braces
Hi-spec 4 pot front calipers and 300mm discs bell and rotor type
godspeed rear 300mm rear disc kit
whiteline arb bushes
whiteline anti dive/lift kit
pollybushed new drop links
new track rod ends
compomotive mo6 alloys 17"et 36 or 35 cant remember
Bilstein shocks and springs
j reg shell in red 1 arch needing replaced and a good polish
2x new rear arches
2x good std gearboxes

probly more things i have forgotten
if anyone fancied a project and fancied swapping for a pulsar that was at least 400hp feel free to comment or pm me likewise if soneone wanted to make a good offer for everything feel free

Murff93GTiR

Wouldnt be able to get it running as it needs braided turbo lines.biggest problem in trying to do it at the side of the road lol

Murff93GTiR

Id love to get on with it but i dont have the facilities or equipment to make it easy plus time is an issue would like to have a ready built one

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Buy a carton of beer.
Tell people they can drink said beer if they help you.
Job done.

That's the way to get things done if you don't personally have the skill or equipment required. :lol:

As above, get it done and start driving it. ;-)

Murff93GTiR

Lol sounds like a great plan but the only person close to me with good knowledge n hes a busy guy.id love to get driving it again ive forgotten what it feels like to drive an r

chrism

See if any garages would be willing to just fit the engine. Lift car up. Roll engine under. Lower car down. Lift engine up and fit the 4 mounts that hold it in. Two hours tops. Take it back home and fix it at the side of the road. We´ve all lay under our motors on the road or in a car park at some time. Its no that hard once you get going. The turbo lines shouldnt be too much of a problem. Pictures and appropriate questions and you´ll get your answer here.

Murff93GTiR

No garages in dundee touch performance cars and certainly wouldnt touch my car which is shit.i really want to finish it but time and money are just not allowing it

Murff93GTiR

So after all day racking my brain and stressing out over this car ive decided that tomorrow im gona try and get the engine and box fitted then start working on all the other things like drop links and bushes etc

warpspeed

I would offer to come and help but I have a fair amount on my plate as it is.
If you have a trailer your welcome to come down one day and fit the engine in my workshop, I'll help you then, would need to be fitted in the one day though as I have cars that need to go back in at night.
I'm in Kilbirnie, 20 mins south of Glasgow airport

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Well done, don't stress about it, it is what it is and no amount of stressing makes it any easier. Dont' rush it, try and split the job that need doing into a few sessions rather than one massive daunting job, be realistic in the amount of time each session will take, then plan and set aside the time accordingly. You could try asking on the Modifiers to see if any members on their live close enough to help out, the free beer and food in exchange for their help is a good one.

It'll be done before you know it.

Steve

vpulsar

I live about 70 miles from Dundee but my working on pulsar days are well and truly in the past lol, Good luck with it though.

Putting the engine in should only take a 2 or 3 hours max I've done it to many time in the past its tricky but straight forward, I used to just lift it in and out with it balanced on my trolley jack granted you need to lift the car hire enough in the first place though. drop links are a peace of piss.

Rob

pulsar_stu

I've just built an engine for a friend and put it back in on my drive, like you I don't get much time for one reason or another... but if you do it bit by bit it soon gets done!
Jack the car up as high as you can, put the engine on a bread trolley or something similar that's low.
Push it under and then lower the car as low as you can, then just get the engine mount and 1 of the gearbox mounts on and put the car back on axle stands.
That there should take you a couple of hours max.
Its the biggest part out the way and then when you have half hour spare you can pop out and do something else.
That's how I work. Its the only way I can.
That's how I did this pulsar I'm doing now and how I did mine a few months ago.

Good luck with it mate.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would be up for a swap with you for a 400hp built car running lol

Murff93GTiR

So went to work on the car today and must say it was a bit of a disaster.it pissed down with rain and also didnt have any thread lock for the flywheel bolts nor could i find tightening torques for them.so couldnt even get the box fitted lol

MarkTurbo

don't stress about it, it is what it is and no amount of stressing makes it any easier. Dont' rush it, try and split the job that need doing into a few sessions rather than one massive daunting job
Probably the best advice you'll ever get there ;-)

I always find if i work on the car for too long i start getting tired & pissed off with it then start throwing things around when things don't go to plan :oops: I've got to change my gearbox on my driveway this weekend, i'll be doing a bit tomorrow then finish it off on Sunday to try and stop the above happening :lol: Just the rain to worry about then :doh: