• Carbon bonnet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up the boost to 1.2bar.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Muppet

Hi All

I am trying to decide my next mod but I aint sure what to go for next. So thought I would put up a poll.

I currently have a avc-r, uprated walbro fuel pump, Stainless tubular manifold and running 1 bar.

If I did want to up the boost to say 1.2 Bar what would be the best way to do it bearing in mind cost of the other mods I have listed.

thanks muppet.

M

Muppet

Just thought I don't want to up the boost until I have a FMIC so the 1.2bar option is a bit silly really.

regards muppet

S

Sirnixalot

dont waste your money on the nitrous just yet....i would say FMIC or the brakes 8)

Websnowbo

Carbon bonnet..........

Just wanted to be different! Use your common sense mate, they all cancel one another out.

Unless you fit an Aquamist kit and then up the boost to 1.2 bar.

here here

A

Anonymous

brakes man!
or suspension! all the grunt in the world is no good if she don't corner right or stop! or is face down in a bush where you can't stop!

brakes should be the first port of call on an R as the std brakes are utter utter 5shite! not even up to the job of stopping a std car!!

C

Crazy

Definatley a set of brakes :wink:

Ginga

How about water injection combined with a arc top mount could work really well

Sorry to sound negative Ginga but the geezer I sold my ARC intercooler to had his car rolling roaded and it was losing power, not much but enough to be felt at the top end and he also mentioned that his car was running rich since fitting it to his R :(

Aquamist water injection is also on my Mod list :wink:

Definatley a set of brakes :wink:

M

Muppet

I already have uprated brakes, gab adjustable shocks/ lowered springs and whiteline anti lift kit.

The things I have listed were what I had in mind to go for next.

thanks muppet.

Websnowbo

Like i said above and Ginga has added to i would go for an Aquamist kit and get it set up for 1.2 bar. If you have the facility's to read your inlet temp i think you will be pleasantly surprised. I think a lot of people who have front mounts would be surprised by the benifits.

M

Muppet

I think after much consideration that I should go for the FMIC as summer is on its way and although I have been monitoring my air temps and think they are fine at the moment This would be a wise modification and also I would end up spending out on having the nitrous refilled.

I do not like the idea of the intercooler on top of the engine so have no intentions of going for a arc top mount.

Once I have the fmic I think then I should go for a fm oil cooler and then it will be a programmable ecu of some sort and preferable not a piggy back type.

The biggest problem is paying for it all. :shock:

regards muppet.